“Great food with great Indian Taste ”

Ganesha Ek Sanskriti Ubud
Ranked #199 of 968 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ganesha Ek Sanskriti offers authentic Indian cuisine. Our native Indian chef uses only prime selection of ingredients to cook traditional Indian dishes - the original flavor any Indian cuisine lover will savor. We are here to satisfy your palate, from Northern Indian cuisine to Southern Indian cuisine, or a mix between the two such as Indian Chinese style. Please feel free to inform our Chef on your preference, he will be more than happy to serve you. We are located 100 meters from the entrance of Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary. With spacious air-conditioned room and outdoor venues which can accommodate up to 150 pax, Ganesha ek Sanskriti restaurant is suitable for large group gathering, family gathering, and private party. Come and enjoy the only authentic Indian cuisine in Ubud, and we look forward to welcome you there.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here with a great ambience . We had been to almost all their branches in Bali and all the places provide a great ambience and taste , of course the price is also not exorbitant . The staff were very polite and we had ordered only vegan food and all days that we had here had a different menu . The staff were courteous to provide the menu options and suggest some dishes .

Abhilasha D, Director of Sales at Ganesha Ek Sanskriti Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Arunkumar V,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a warm note for us. We have a dedicated team of Chef's handpicked from India, who specialize in different aspects of Indian cuisine such as: tandoor, curry, mithai and South Indian delicacies. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our authentic Indian recipes and have visited almost all our branches in Bali. Thank you for your kind and uplifting words. I will pass down your positive feedback to our service team.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The restaurant is very close to the Monkey Forest. You can visit the Monkey Forest, and drop by here for good Indian food. The prices are also affordable.

Abhilasha D, Director of Sales at Ganesha Ek Sanskriti Ubud, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear sandeepseshan,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write us a review. We are delighted to hear that you believe Ganesha has a good location near the monkey forest, with good food and affordable prices. Here at Ganesha ek Sanskriti we strive to create a warm and inviting ambience for all guests seeking traditional recipes fused with Indian hospitality.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

If your Indian and want Indian food don't go there! I think it's direspectful to Indian's. I have tried Indian from India and Fijian Indian and this taste's nothing like there food. The food looks the color but has none of the flavor of there herbs and spices. Very bland and and European, sure you might taste chilli but none of the real masala or turmeric, Cumin, Mustard seeds, ECT ECT ECT!

Dear Eugene,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us, your feedback is extremely valuable as we are continuously seeking to improve.

We are saddened to learn that the food did not meet your expectations. In order to better understand what led to your disappointment with our food, please email me at abhilasha@ganeshaeksanskriti.com. We uphold a high standard of authentic Indian food as Ganesha ek Sanskriti handpicks chefs from all over India to join our team to share the traditional recipes of India fused with a seamless service. This is the first instance where we have received a comment related to lack of turmeric, cumin or mustard seeds etc. The owners themselves are from India and various guests have often commented on hour our food is better than what one can find in India itself. Once again we apologize if the food you received was not at par with our esteemed standards.

I do hope that I am able to convince you to give us another opportunity to service you during your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for dinner tonight and honestly this was the worst Indian food we have ever tried. Started with masala tea which had so much of masala added to it that the tea tasted bitter!! Ordered chicken biryani, Rogan Josh and chilli chicken all of which were tasteless and definitely not what the names suggest. Asked one of the waiters if WiFi was available and were told WiFi isn't working when in actual fact WiFi was working perfectly fine they just did not want to give out the login details. Should have just said WiFi isn't available to customers instead of lying! Over priced for what's rated as less than an average experience...600,000 IDR. Really bad experience and would not recommend this place to anyone who wants to eat some real authentic Indian food!

Dear gyanm,

We are saddened to learn that you believed the taste did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies in this regard. In order to better understand what led to your disappointment with the chicken biryani, rogan josh and chili chicken could you please email me at abhilasha@ganeshaeksanskriti.com? We take your feedback very seriously and pride ourselves on serving the most authentic Indian food in all of Indonesia. With regards to the wifi, I apologize for your servers response, it is not our intention to lie to guests, as it is indeed available for outside use. However, please do understand that English is not their native tongue and at times they might be confused with what is being asked. Once again we apologize for any miscommunication.

Ganesha ek Sanskriti strives to provide genuine comfort and care alongside a seamless dining experience. I do hope that I am able to convince you to change your mind and give us another opportunity to serve you during your next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I had visited their branch in Jakarta and it was one of best Indian meals I had ever eaten. You can read my review on tjst branch.

So I guess expectations was high when we went to visit their Ubud, BALI branch.

First of all the restaurant layout is very nice and spacious. These are different levels and you can see the road from where you are sitting.

Now, the food. We ordered Dosa, butter naan, tandoori chicken and butter chicken. For drinks a sweet lassi and a water for myself.
The dosa was good. I would rate it 4/ 5.
Chicken tandoori I would give 1/5. The worst thing you can do to chicken is overcook it. The meat was dry and it felt like it was sittig somewhere for a while and just re-heated.
The tandoori bread I would give a 2/5. Good restaurants serve fluffy, pipping hot bread. This was flat and tasteless.
Butter chicken was good. A 3.5/5.
Overall, I was very disappointed at the level of food served here.

Would I come back ? Not likely. I have no problem paying for high quality dishes. But to pay around Rs. 700,000 for mediocre food is upsetting.

Dear Mr. Adnan_Chowdhury67,

While we are delighted to note that you had one of your best Indian meals at our Jakarta branch, we are saddened to learn that you believed your recent experience was not at par with your previous dining experience. We appreciate your kind comments regarding the layout and ambience of the restaurant.

We have noted your comments regarding the tandoori chicken and the tandoori bread, I assure you that serving fresh food is a part of our brand standard, as we specifically produce these items upon order. I will pass down your comments regarding the dryness of the chicken and flat texture of the bread. Please accept my apologies with this regard. Ganesha ek Sanskriti strives to provide genuine comfort and care alongside a seamless dining experience.

Abhilasha Dave

Been to Ganesha Ek Sanskriti Ubud? Share your experiences!