Lowest prices for your stay
US$30
Priceline
US$18
Free cancellation until 01/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$16
Free cancellation until 01/10/21
TravelocityUS$30
CheapTicketsUS$30
Orbitz.comUS$30
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

Our taxi driver from kuta got terribly lost finding this hotel as it is only new and many of the locals could not give him direction.
On arrival we were warmly greeted and shown to our up graded room next to the pool. The room was gigantic but the layout a bit odd.
The bathroom was huge but could do with a few shelves to put toiletries on when washing..also some hand towels..
The bathroom has a bit of septic tank smell to it..some fragrant oils could fix that.
The breakfast was yummy..and the serving staff great.
This hotel has 2 pools which were great. You could walk into town..but they do have a shuttle. Taxis back are 50000 rupiah..just take a brochure with you to let them know where the hotel is.
I would come back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Lizzymm
Reviewed 13 June 2015

We arrived in Ubud in the late evening and didn't have a hotel yet. We decided to try Bakung hotel and luckily they had a room left for us, but only for 1 night. The mister who helped us was very nice and we even got a late welcome drink.

Room itself was also very good. We had a studio which came with a bath and a sofa in the room. The shower was the best one we have had in our trip through Java, Lombok and Bali. Balcony could have had a couple of chairs and in the room we missed a hairdryer. Except for these things it was excellent.

Next day breakfast was also delicious and had different styles (American and Indonesian choice).

After breakfast we went to the reception to see if they could yet get us a room for a second night. At this point we got helped by a lady. Contact with the lady was very difficult. She told us they had a villa left, but she gave us a price higher than on numberous booking websites, which was dissappointing. Also she told us that we cant use the shuttle bus to Ubud Centre at 14:00 (to find a new hotel) because this was only for guests and since we had to check out at 12:00, we are no longer guest. Instead we had to pay for the shuttle transport.

Great hotel, yet bad service after all.

2  Thank Robin H
Reviewed 12 June 2015

Pros:
We got free upgraded room to a spacious one. It is a quite new hotel so everything still looks clean and new. We can see paddy fields behind, unfortunately there was no chair to sit and enjoy the view. The breakfast was good and complete (they served fruit slices, main menu, dessert and juice), but you have to book it in advance while booking the room (you just need to add about $5/room), but it will cost you Rp100.000,-/pax if you just walked in. You can choose continental/american/Indonesian style of breakfast.

The cons:
1. It was in monkey forest area but it was far-far away from the monkey forest (it's not walking distance for sure).
2. Our room was quite smelly, we think it came from the water drainage in the bathroom. And also, when we checked in, the toilet bowl was still wet (I was not sure if they've cleaned it after previous guest checked out)
3. The water drainage was not smooth, when we took shower the water was flooding on the floor
4. Wifi was on and off
5. THERE WAS NO LIFT!! Just ask for porter if you carried heavy luggage.
6. They don't have enough staff to serve guests. We need to wait for a long time until our luggage was sent into our room.

Room tip: Room 201 was spacious and you can see paddy fields behind (the paddy fields from another room was blocked by the building beside the hotel)
Reviewed 9 June 2015

New hotel, location pretty far from Ubud center, prefer to have a car or motorbike than walking, small entrance and the rice terraces view decreased due to surrounding housing developments. Avoid ground level rooms since connected to the swimming pool area and restaurant (which many guests prefer to stay there until midnight). The cleaning standards should be upgraded, since I have to waited for my room even arrived there at 4 pm.
However, good option considering the rate and if you are not staying more than 2 nights and prefer to spend your time outside the hotel.

Reviewed 7 June 2015

I haven't actually left the hotel yet, but I check out tomorrow morning. I came to Bakung Ubud for just 3 nights. Good first impression, they upgraded my room because they overbooked for the one I had booked. It's pretty far out of the centre though, and it took 45 minutes to get into the centre on foot, and 1 hour to walk to the monkey forest. The shuttle runs 3 times per day from the hotel, although I never used it.

The room that I was given is by the pool side, and very noisy. I could hear music from the restaurant until late, people by the pool, and everyone walking past. The whole wall facing the pool and reception is glass, so everyone can see in unless you are careful with the curtains. Not ideal, and I recommend avoiding the ground floor altogether.

Book your room with breakfast included, as it's 100,000 IDR for a bit of toast and egg.

The cleaning standards could definitely be better. When I returned on my second day, someone had come in and made the bed, but not cleaned the bath, which was sandy after a day at the beach (before I got to Ubud). They did clean it when I requested. There were also a few bits left behind from previous guests (bottle lids in the bathroom etc), and I came back from a day out today to find a teabag just sitting on my sink. I hadn't put it there!

Other than the noise and slightly low cleaning standards, I had a problem with getting my laundry done. The hotel provides this services at a surcharge, so I gave a bag of clothes in for laundering, and handed them to the receptionist in my dry bag. On reflection, I should not have used my own bag, but no other bag was provided for me to put laundry in, so I wasn't about to just hand them over without something to contain them in. I also needed my wet clothes from rafting to be cleaned, hence I just bunged them all in the dry bag.

The day after I gave my laundry in, I asked if it was ready or not, and I was told by reception that it would be brought to me in "a couple of minutes". I waited for an hour, and kept being told that it would be "a couple of minutes". Not acceptable, as I would've just gone out and not waited if they'd just told me that it wouldn't be ready for a while. On top of this, my laundry was returned without the bag! Pretty upset because it wasn't cheap. I explained that I didn't want it washed, because I was worried that the heat of the wash and tumble drying would damage the material. I think they misunderstood, and thought that I meant that I did not want to keep the bag. This hotel claims that they can speak English, so I can't blame myself for this miscommunication.

Overall, the room was impressively big, and it's very new and modern. The cleaning and breakfast need to be improved, and I think that guests should be warned about the noise on the ground floor, as it would suit those that want to use the pool late at night, but not for me. The wifi connection is terrible.

This hotel has great potential, but unfortunately it has not been a relaxing stay for me. Quite the opposite.

• Trip type: Travelled solo