The Ardjuna Boutique Hotel & Spa
J Residence(Bandung)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2009

Pro's :
- the design - very modern and cozy. not only the interior design, but also the toiletries such as shampoo and slippers, they prepared it very well.
- the room is spacious and very comfortable with many drawers to put your things.
- the location - it's not in the heart of city or 'factory outlet paradise', but for those who doesn't like to hear city sound when you sleep and wants to feel the fresher, cooler air of bandung with a nice view, this is what you're looking for. there is 24 hours 'angkot' (public transportation) in front of the hotel street so you can easily go downtown to shopping area
- the swimming pool - big, deep and beautiful. they have variety from kids pool to 2,5 meters depth pool. but be careful, ciumbuleuit is cooler than most bandung area, kind of freezing to swim there when there is no sun. maybe they should think of heated swimming pool in the future

con's:
- the staffs are not very friendly or responsive. they act like 'we have many guests so if you leave we're okay' attitude.

me and husband must wait too long before finally can talk to front officer for check in, because they are busy pick up the phone and talking. hmm, they priority is to pick up the phone, not to serve person right in front of them? we had to wait for a long time before we got welcome drink. not much smile or greetings tough.

one more thing, we stayed on the 6th floor, in the morning the shower didn't work properly. when we called to complain, the answered is the water pump is not working properly on the upper floor. that's it. and i still have to take a shower before check out with the 'powerless water flow'

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marthiany
Reviewed 15 April 2009

The design of the hotel is nice, and somehow reminds me on typical hotels in Bali, minimalist yet natural. But when I entered the room, it doesn't reflect what so called as boutique hotel. They are not using high quality furniture and equipment in the room. I noticed that my bathroom's roof leaked with water from upstairs room's. The hotel's using China brand's air conditioner, which was very noisy. I couldn't find a safe deposit box and hairdryer in my room, which I think is a must in a 3 or 4 star hotels.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Boutique hotels sound nice and inviting, however when you get down to it they are commonly just an excuse to use cheap furniture and design to make a room look interesting.

The WiFi although free is terrible, the furniture is flakey and the restaurant food choice is weak. There is a pool but no gym, and there is a spa. There is also a Karaoke bar which surprisingly does not blare music as loud as one would think.

The staff are very good and there is a small lobby bar.

I would not recommend staying here if you have a choice.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Ptibbs
Reviewed 24 November 2008

I stayed at the Ardjuna Hotel Bandung last weekend. To be honest that was not a bad experience, but for me it doesn't look like a boutique hotel at all, the room was too small & smell, was too empty (no picture, etc), the furnitures was also not good, the air conditioner was not cool enough, The point is "I was not satisfied". Next time I go to Bandung, I'm not going to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 21 October 2008

Hi, I think this hotel is a great value for your 'kaching!. It only costs us 450k per night inclusive tax and breakfasts. It has a considerably good location (near Parahyangan university ,Setiabudi, Rumah Mode, etc). and free parking. Room has been recently renovated, spacious, and modern. Bathroom cleanliness is so-so though. Staffs were friendly and courteous. This is a good pick if you're looking for a place below 500k. :) Otherwise , you can try Novotel Bdg. I stayed there once ; hotel is new, room is clean though smaller.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tahudantempe