All reviews kampung gajah traffic jam bandung area room service local food welcome drink strategic location lembang surabi slippers foods receptionist variation cleanliness cons comfort officer
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Having never been to Bandung, did not have a clue about where to stay. Staying in Bandung was for us, was about shopping and where to stay to do shopping, so part of this review is about shopping. If you are not interested in shopping, skip a couple of paragraphs.
I read numerous reviews and blogs about shopping and where to stay. The main point is that there is no central place to stay in Bandung that is within easy reach of all of the shopping locations. Banana was a good spot to stay for us as we arrived midday on a Sunday and wanted to get straight into the shopping, so we started at Rumah Mode which is just down the hill on Jl Setiabudhi. It is within walking distance, but hey people don't walk and risk your life on the footpath/road, catch a little green angkot (bemo) down the hill and pay less than 5,000 IDR each, similar to go back up the hill to the hotel. The next day we hit Jl Cihampelas, same same, catch the bemo, 5,000 IDR ea this time. Woo hoo! What a ride for 50c. For other spots further away we caught taxis, 65,000 IDR to Cibapuyut etc.
Anyway back to the Banana Hotel. It was neat, clean, the staff were very helpful, some had excellent English (my first language) some had English as good as my Bahasa Indonesia, some worse. Anyway, they all do their best to help you.
The breakfast was included in our room deal (an Executive room). My partner was very impressed by the spread, it was enormous, although I did note the pastries and friend chicken might have reappeared on day 2. There were two cooking stations, making eggs and sausages and toasted sandwiches, there is porridge (bubur), dim sum, a full range of hot and cold dishes, cereals and milk, you can make toast etc. I am not a big breakfast eater so was a bit lost on me.
The room was big, with a sofa, large TV, plenty of space. Not real generous on the toilet paper though, we bought a roll from the Circle K. That issue is a cultural thing as readers familiar with Indonesia will understand.
There are some great restaurants around there, one really popular one is Warung Setiabudhi, there is also a great little resto called My Little Kitchen, also shops include a KFC, a Circle K all within a city block of Banana.
There was a health spa, pool and gym, Didn't do much investigating here, my partner said he had the worst massage of his life in the spa, but I did not experience it myself. There is a pay by the hour room bar and Karakoe operation on the ground floor, again not a thing for Aussies. Luckily we were on a floor where we couldn't hear the warblers. There was also no street noise, I guess we paid for that privilege in selecting the Executive Room, and I am glad we did. We needed to have two desks, the Exec Room was great for this reason.
There was WIFI for free, but it did not always work, there was a free LAN cable in the hotel, for one computer only though, so be prepared to fight over it if the WIFI is down as it was for us for one day.
We got a free airport transfer to the hotel early to catch our Bali flight. No issues with that, very helpfully organised.
Overall very happy with the hotel and its location, would stay there again. Staff were great, and willing to help with all enquiries.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and go for the higher rooms, the peace and quiet would be worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I book 3 deluxe room by kagum and it was a good price. The hotel was clean and have a great room.. love the room very much and feel so relaxing. The pool was great for kids.. good breakfast and great staff.. the location is a bit far from shopping heaven like Jalan Riau and Pasar Baru but just 5 minutes drive to Rumah Mode. If you are looking for food around there is easy. you will get what you pay... may stay again if going to bandung

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Visited Bandung on a business vist and my office booked me in "Banana Inn" as it was very close to my client location. Hotel is centrally located and has decent facilty, very good and support staff. But only problem is they all are NOT good in English, some DO NOT understand a word of it.

I had to open a secuirty tage put by airline staff on my bag and i asked for a "scissors" which was UNKNOWN. finally i had three or four people come but finally got small knife to cut that out.

They do have decent spreed of breakfast but cheif / support staff DO NOT understand english. Had a diffcult time to explain them about an cheese omlete.

But i am happy with service and will visit again...!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

delicious food and beverage, very pleasant room and kind employee> keep up your good job. the next destination you must have a nice stay at his hotel

Room Tip: every room is nice
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Karlina I
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stay in this hotel with my wife and my sons, the location is just perfect for us because the Hotel is located just outside the crowded area of Bandung city center so it make us easy to go to Lembang to have many kind of family or outdoor kids activity but still in manageable distance to go to the city center where the culinary and shopping haven is located.

In my amazement the cleanliness of the room is near perfect, especially the bath room, the amenity also very good, the service is excellent, the staff take us to inspect the room before we choose which room that we like to have, the only downside is the fact that the Hotel don't have much activities or playing ground for children except the swimming pool, so if one day the Hotel come up with playing ground for kids for sure it will become our 1st choice of Hotel to stay for our family vacation in Bandung area.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooms with view to the swimming pool, you will not be disappointed :)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family