“Bandung Goes Banana :)”

Banana Inn Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Hotel:
Booked via Kagum website for Executive King for 5D4N. Rate is IDR 631K/nite. Payment via credit card thru website is very fast and easy. Received invoice in mailbox few minutes after confirmation of payment. Contacted hotel directly and communicated with Rossi. She scheduled the pick up at Bandung Airport on arrival date. Pick-up is free if you choose to stay at any Kagum hotels.

Driver waiting with smile at airport. Sent us to hotel with Suzuki APV. I choose this hotel due its location at Jalan Setiabudhi and due to the temperature is cooler over there. Our Executive King is upgraded to Suite, thanks to Rossi. We stayed on the highest floor of Level 5. They have L, 1, 2, 3, & 5. Room 588 is facing the city and some mountains. We can see the pool as well. Bed is big. Wide enough to accommodate myself, wife and our 7 year old son on the same mattress. Mattress is a bit hard for us. Suite room is very spacious. Power shower + bath tub. LCD tv with many satellite channels. It is our 10th wedding anniversary and Rossi put up some effort to kindly arrange and send us a chocolate cake with a nice card.

Unfortunately on the 2nd nite, there is a leakage on the hall area. Water drops continuously and called the related team to look into this. This continues till the day we check out. Did not do any harm to us but we got the uneasy feeling. That's all.

Breakfast is nice for us, food variety is good for local South East Asians like us. Not much western food available. You should try their fried station. At least 3 different items fried everyday. It is really good. One of those morning my son went to the pool and we had breakfast in the open area near to the pool. On our final day, we were late to go for breakfast, the staff called us in the room to inform that they have not seen us at the restaurant and wonder if we are going to have our breakfast with them. That is very rare and to me is very thoughtful of them. Thumbs up for the restaurant staffs.

Staffs are very friendly, smiling every time they see you, greets every time they are near to you. Always the good feeling surrounds you. Bell boys always ready to pick up our stuffs. Front desk personnel Natasya & Ami is really helpful. They take care of our issues very seriously. Natasya even send us to the car on our final trip to airport and wave us goodbye with smile.

Will I come back to this hotel? Yes, but I will check if there is any water drips inside my room :) I appreciate the warmness of their staffs Rossi, Natasya, Ami and the rest of their crews for making our stays with them a memorable one.

The Trip:
We bought the AirAsia tickets in 2011 for trip in End of May 2012. Pretty cheap. About RM 400 for returned ticket for 3 of us. Got a friend coming down to Bandung from Jakarta. He brought us to few restaurant & Transtudio. Entering Transtudio is IDR 150K/person. We need to top up the card with more money to enable us to buy any food/drinks regardles within the Transtudio itself or at the mall's food court. Unused money can always be refunded. I like to compare the Transtudio vs Genting Highland in terms of their play stations - I prefer Genting Highland.

We hired a driver for 2 full days. Went to Kawah Putih and visited many FOs. Price for the hired driver was IDR 400k/day and additional 100K for Kawah Putih. Entering Kawah Putih with car is gonna cost additional IDR 150K/car and IDR 12K/person excluding the driver. You should bring your own umbrella because if it is raining over there, the rental fee is IDR 10K/umbrella. On our way down to city center, the driver suggested us one place for lunch. Saung Gawir. Food is nice and their specialty is Sundanese.

FYI, FOs are mixing original & high grade fake clothes. If you think they are cheap, just grab them. I would suggest Toko Tiga for Levi's original jeans.

Overall the trip is nice for us all. Hope my report is useful for you to make up your mind visiting Bandung.

Room Tip: Check your room to see any leakage on the ceiling especially on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Razisma
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Warm Greetings from Banana Inn Hotel Bandung!

Your review are one of the most complete and useful for our management and please accept our deepest appreciation. Please also accept our apologies for the inconvenient caused regarding the leakage, we have fixed and manage to prevent these to be happen in the future.

We will be waiting for your future visit and welcome you with our best, please do not hesitate to contact us to make your future reservation.

Erik S Cleofe

Reviewed 24 May 2012

satisfied with the facilities and services to guests

Room Tip: very large room, good food, fast service
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Greetings from Banana Inn Hotel Bandung!

It is truly a compliment and our expectation to hear that our guests are satisfied with our products and services. However we hope that you could give us more details for those aspects that you have meet your expectation to gain excellency in all aspects of service.

Erik S Cleofe

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Let me start with good things ..........
Tried to check-in way earlier than it should be, normally the hotel won't let you in until 02.00 pm but they managed te speed up the cleaning process upstairs and let me in one hour before. Thanks to Natasya (or Natascha?), it was really awesome.

Breakfast is quite OK, lot of variety and choices, and good quality too. Mainly Indonesia food and also a small portion of American Breakfast. Special request was handled with full attention; I asked for strong tea and got one exactly as I asked for.

Check out process was also pretty quick and easy. It took me less than 15 minutes. Really wonderful service; still the same officer, Natasya (Natascha?).

Area of improvements ..........
In-room water kettel needs replacement, it's old and getting dirty. Toilet paper was not also provided reasonably adequate, when I got in, it was only one-third roll.

On price side, if I didn't use a bank promotional card, the counter rate of the deluxe room is way too pricey.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
DedeRahman, Front Office Supervisor at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Mr. Julhandi,
Thank You for your feed back for your last stay with us and for your continued support of Banana Inn. we try our best to give the best service that we can give you while you are staying with us.
and off course we will take immediate action regarding the area that still needs to be improved, that is why your review are very important for us in order to give our best service in acomodating your needs as our guest.
We look forward welcoming you and your family back to Banana Innbandung on your next trip to Bandung.

Sincerely yours,

Erick S. Cleofe

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Nice hotel in Bandung. Quite big room, although bathroom is rather small.
Wide array breakfast but mostly local food. Friendly & helpful staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RetnoNiekno
Reviewed 21 May 2012

While my first experience with Banana Inn during a weekend was almost a perfect one, the second was truly disappointment. I booked two executive rooms. One room which supposed for my parent had problem with aircon. When we asked to move to another room, the guy whose handling my check in told to wait for 30 minutes to let the aircon cooling the room.. which we comply. After agonizing 45 minutes, its not getting better but worse. Again, instead of giving us the better room he told us to wait for their engineer staff to check. Although engineer staff are prompt and polite, they came to our room with all the stairs and tools, and all sweaty since it was a hot day, which made all of us feel truly uncomfortable with all the odor they bring in. Only after engineer team stated that aircon need to be repaired, finally they gave us another room. What a poor service! Wasting almost two hours for a simple matters, while the hotel itself is far from fully booked!

And worse, I recall that this guy at reception was not even look at my face nor gave just a "slight welcome smile" since I'm checking in. He even forget to return my ID card, which I realized after checking out and already on the way back to Jakarta. So rather than going back to hotel, which will took at least 1 hour penetrating terrific traffic jam I asked them to posted via mail courier. I can't imagine if it was a passport, and have to going back to hotel to pick it up.

Breakfast during this second trip was also terrible. I previously like their "Nasi Uduk" (or nasi lemak) during my first trip here. But this time the fried chicken is very dry and tasteless. Looks like its already been fried yesterday and then re-fried. The rice itself not well presented, I simply lost my appetite by looking at it. Their dimsum was also cold, and hard to chew. Only their egg station is still fine, but I guess it because their cook it as per requested.

I thought that this poor service was because of I stay on Monday and Tuesday, right after a busy weekend hence their service is much downgraded. So I won't recommend this hotel for business trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank kputra
DedeRahman, Front Office Supervisor at Banana Inn Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Dear Sir,
Thank You for choosing Banana Inn hotel as your place to stay during your visit to Bandung for the second time. Thank You for your review, it means a lot to us. We would like to give your our deepest apology regarding the inconvenient with our service during your stay at Banana Inn hotel. We will take immediate action regarding this matter to give better service in all aspects.
Hope we will welcome you in near future.

Erick S. Cleofe