2,358 results
All reviews flying fox hillside studio premier suite free afternoon tea animal feeding nail art gallery suite hill view rabbit butler service lush greenery kids activities fresh air swimming pool buffet dinner special thanks horse riding
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This is my first time to Bandung, Indonesia. In fact, it's the first time to Indonesia in particular. Decided to choose Bandung as my first city in Indonesia. Went with my brother for this trip.

Let's talk about the hotel. First time as well for this hotel. This is the best hotel so far I have visited during my overseas trip. Location away from the busy road and traffic congestion. 5 star hotel with excellent values I can say. In other words, the hotel star matches with the service provided by the staff. Be it the front desk receptionist or the butler or the restaurant staff, thumbs up.

As for the hotel amenities, there's nothing you could ask for more. Room I stayed was Premier Room. Spacious, comfy bed. Doze off in few minutes. It's that comfortable. Toilet with bathtub was a plus point. Furnishing and decorations nicely done. Making it pleasant in the eyes of the guests.

Free pick up to and fro is something that I like a lot about this hotel. Not all hotel do that!

A few staffs to compliment during my stay here in Padma.

1) Butler: Aji & Faddly
2) Resto staff: Tisna

The service provided by the butler is something that I must share with the rest of the guest who are considering to stay at the hotel. Not only that they are committed with their work, they put an extra effort providing good service to the guests. Aji, was very attuned to my needs and went beyond his call of duty to ensure that I had a good trip. Bravo to him!

Same goes to the restaurant staff: Tisna. He was dedicated and truly loves his job. He makes sure that I am comfortable and have what I wanted. Good job !

Extremely delighted by the warm smiles that greeted us no matter where we are at the hotel. Even the gardener never failed to greet and smile. This is extremely difficult to see but Padma never failed me.

This hotel made me fell in love with the people and culture of Indonesians. Thank you and highly recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives. It does made a lasting impression to me. Will be back again at the hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing the forest view would be wise choice. Relaxing & peaceful. Ease of mind.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank M_Ridhwan
Reviewed 15 May 2012

well prepared our pickupservice at soekarno hatta airport because pak ludy send me email before we arrived at padma hotel......excellent innitiatif to ask what we need before we stay.... this is first experience stay at indonesian hotel with this arrangement.....he provide me the best room of padma with connecting "premier suite and premier room at second floor.....room is bigger accomodate our family with 2 adult and 3 child......when we arrived amazing for me pak ludy and his team put our family photo at our suite room i dont know where he found thats photo..... i love his team surprissed......two night stay at padma , nice people froom front liner until gardener, smiley every where.... breakfast is good, excellent with afternoon tea at 3 pm until 5 pm....but maybe quality of "kacang tanah or obi can improve....because like expire....and maybe girls and boys at restauirant can smiley, polite and quick respond for guest need..... but overall is excellent....padma not near by from city but padma hotel with great ambience, great room, great surrounding , great resto but main point padma have pak ludy...he can make our stay like at our home but quality oh his and his team service like six star hotel.....i will be back......missed you a lot pak ludy and pak sona

Room Tip: premier suite at second floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MARK T
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My stay at the Padma Hotel was wonderful. If you are looking to be in the heart of the city within walking distance to factory outlets, this is not the hotel for you. But if you are looking for a quiet hotel nestled in a green valley away from the hubbub and bustle, then the Padma is ideal. The views of the valley from all corners of the hotel were beautiful and refreshing to this tired soul.

The hotel's staff was extremely warm, helpful, and truly pampered us. The 24-hour Butler service pampered us and met all our needs, arranging our airport transfers both ways, hiring a car to drive us on our day-trips, calling taxis and ordering local take-outs for us at our request. Ludy and Gion were outstanding in recommending places to visit and generally ensuring that we had everything we needed for a good holiday. They went the extra mile when we were stranded at a Factory Outlet and unable to call the taxi company, we called the hotel to ask for their help in calling a taxi. Instead, the hotel sent round a driver to pick us up. Hospitality was always generous - we were offered drinks even when we were simply lounging at the lobby. Tip - do call the hotel at least a day or two before you arrive to confirm that they will pick you up at the airport.

The breakfast at the hotel was "legendary" indeed with a generous and tasty spread of local and international breakfast items. The hotel also organises a free tea for its guests - try the local ginger tea or the more exotic bajigur with slivers of fresh young coconut! We also sampled the local food on the a la carte menu, and it was excellent as well. I particularly recommend the sate (grilled beef and chicken on skewers, served with peanut sauce and kecap manis, a local sweet sauce).

The beds were comfortable and pillows were perfect for my neck. The room was spacious. The room/toilet could have been a bit cleaner, but was otherwise perfect.

All in, a wonderful stay at a beautiful hotel, with staff that made all the difference.

Room Tip: Rooms with the wider view to the distant valley also overlook the swimming pool, so ask for a room with an unobstructed view if you do not want to be disturbed by noise from the pool. The sounds of live music filters through to the rooms on the second floor near the glass elevators (mine was a premier room) on weekend nights when there is a live singer, but the singing ends by 10.30pm if not earlier. If you would like a room with a balcony where you can sit outside to enjoy the fresh mountain air, do note that rooms located on the 8th floor are located at the equivalent of the ground level.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank septreves
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Very nice hotel with spectalur view,room n wonderfull staff expecially aji who are very dedicated n helpful.(thanks aji). Big spread buffet breakfast with nice view n honest smile from staff in the restaurant. This is my 4th visit to this hotel n its nvr change in every part from the past. Keep up gd work n will return soon...

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Dazz26
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is my best hotel in my experience up until now. Checking in was easy, and after checking in we were confronted with the amazing greenish view of the forest through the window and added with the super fresh air of the woods.

In the room (premiere type at 2nd floor), we were greeted with the spectacular view of the mountain and the faraway light of the city. The room was spacious, clean, and neat. No odor or smell. The bathroom was the highlight of the room, it was spacious and it had a see-through glass wall in a way that if you were in the bathtub you can see the view of the mountain or watch the television. My kind of bathroom. The bed and the pillows were so good that I didn't snore (according to my wife...). The hotel could provide 4 types of pillow based on request. There was also internet using cable, complimentary drink (mineral water, tea, coffee), a dvd player, hair dryer, lots of mirror, toiletries, and a safe. The minibar was nonexistent though..

The hotel was impressive. There was 3 type of pool : border-less swimming pool, a mountain-view jacuzzi, and a forest view shower pool. The mountain-view jacuzzi is a must try when sun rises. A rather peculiar thing about this hotel was the higher number of the floor meant the closer the floor to the ground, so get a lower number of floor to have a good view.

The response, agility, and the friendliness of the staff is very good. I asked for a praying mat and a sarong and in a couple of minutes it was already delivered, and when I had a problem with the room key the staff quickly came to the rescue and gave the new room key. Every staff that I met smiled at me, including the gardener. There were no soured-face staff if I recall.

The breakfast were vastly provided and the view in the restaurant didn't hurt. Honey roasted chicken, waffles, pancakes, home made ice cream, dilmah tea selection, mie baso, Indonesian small treats, selection of pastries, and dimsum.

Overall...I want to comeback again for a getaway. If I got the money.

Room Tip: Choose premier type on 2nd floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple