“Hope Every Hotel like Padma Bandung”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #1 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed 19 July 2012

first time trial stay at padma bandung, know from tripavisor........i hope we have a great experiences stay at padma........when we arrived at hotel before have traffic 3 hour at cipularang and pasteur......our tired is change to spirit when the star of this hotel open the door and greet me and my family.... quick check in at afternoon tea..... not only free we can relaxing after traffic...ludy make our first impression about this hotel not only great but amazing.... first i dont know what his main job, because he do it everything from open the door, collect luggage and proccesed quick check in at resto.....and amazing for me when we arrived at room... small cake with " happy Birthday Mrs Sherly "....... i dont know he know from where thats day i'm birthday....i think from my id......excellent initiatif, charming person with handsome face.....i saw he is very polite to every guest at lobby and resto, he know a lot of name of the guest...i think he is manager....but some resto staff says he is head butler....ludy and his team provide everything we need properly... hillside room is very beautifull at noon and night, two night not enough spare time at padma....thanx to tripadvisor put some review about a lot of hotel, we find lovely five star hotel in bandung not only ordinary five star hotel because padma have butler.... everything that cannot imagine will be real because padma have ludy and his team...i would like recomended this hotel to all my family and friend..

Room Tip: hillside studio at 6 floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sherlyandreas

Reviewed 17 July 2012

i never expected that this hotel can give us great experience...
the scenery is so great.... i don't really like go to Bandung... but i love this hotel!
food not bad... but most i love the green scenery around the hotel... make you relax..

Room Tip: this hotel is on the hill. the lobby in the 1st floor (if i am not mistake) more higher the number o...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lina H
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stay on Padma at July 9th 2012. Contrary to most other hotel, the actual Padma is far more beautiful than its pictures by miles. The view is breathtaking and the room is generously spacious. It provide all 5 star facilities and amenities, even provide a DVD player at room. So you may bring your own (or kids) favorite movies if you like.

The swimming pool is another major plus point. The water at main pool circulate properly so the water temperature is not too cold. They also have hot water pool, and a very nice pool for kids.

Breakfast is at five star standard, however if they have a Japanese stall then it will be 5 star plus. But what I like it most (and also my kids) Padma provide ice cream stall which open for breakfast. It is unique, and although it looks odd to have ice cream at a cold hilly area during breakfast, but somehow my family as well as some others enjoy it much.

Kudos to all Padma staff who do their job with passion and love, with full of smile and happy to give any assistance. I would say that this is how a hotel should be operated. My special thanks to Ludy and Basuki. You guys gave an excellent first impression to everything. It begin by cheerfully greetings my kids and assisting my wife for check-in and truly surprised me when I finished parking my car everything was already settled. Then you guys enthusiastically explain about all facilities of the hotel proudly and cheerfully. Perhaps everything took less than 15 minutes but I truly appreciate this small act which definitely distinguish Padma from others.

The rate is a bit pricey, but worth every penny. I booked via Padma website for Premier room with IDR 2.250.000/night nett which already include an extra bed. With this rate I got a stunning view from room, free dinner for two persons, free tea/coffee and snacks on afternoon till 6pm, and all access to entertainment facilities including Karaoke room.

If you want to give special weekend escape as a gift to your beloved one, I recommend to put Padma on your top list. And if Junior Suite is too excessive, then try Premier room at 2nd Floor.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank kputra
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wife and I were stunned with the photos and reviews of this hotel posted in TripAdvisor. So when we have plan to visit Bandung, we decided to stay in this hotel. Unfortunately we never had chance to enjoy even a little bit.

We had planned to stay for 2 nights in this hotel for our recent trip to Bandung. I booked via hotel's phone listed on the website, got the 50% discount promotion by certain credit card and was confirmed by the staff answering the phone.

Two nights before the arrival date, I called the hotel to re-confirm my reservation. To my surprise, the staff named Ms. Anisa told me that she can't find my name on the reservation list. She tried to help by searching by my phone number that I gave them during reservation and also tried to check with the reservation staff, all without success. Unfortunately I didn't write down the staff who took my reservation.

Since it was late of the day already, she can't check with all reservation staffs, so she promised me to check with them on the following morning and give me update. When the next day, which means 1 day prior my (supposed to be) check in date, I call the hotel again, Ms. Anisa had checked and she confirmed that there isn't my name on the reservation list.

This was really ruining our holiday. It is high season during school holiday and every hotel in Bandung was fully booked and we almost couldn't find any place to sleep.

Room Tip: Make sure you keep checking with the hotel to confirm that your name is on the reservation list.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Winarto
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear winarto,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung,

I’d like to thank you for taking your precious time to share your review on TripAdvisor.

I’m most concerned with your comment of having less than perfect experience with our reservation system. After thoroughly investigated, we found out that our telephone operator had taken efforts to locate your name in our list, through your arrival date, mobile number as well as checking our correspondence. However, we couldn’t find your name. When our telephone operator tried to confirm the arrival date with you, we didn’t get the confirmed arrival date as you’re still not sure of it.

It was unfortunate that you were unable to stay with us. We hope that we could have you and your family staying with us in the near future to witness the warm hospitality from our professional staff. Please let us know when your travel plans bring you back here again.

Best regards

Reviewed 9 July 2012

What is best from our wedding day? It’s the beautiful scenery that Padma Hotel Bandung offers… Our day was exactly like how we expected it would be. From the Front Desk to the back of Padma’s Kitchen were very helpful and kind enough to make our day special. We could not be more grateful for that. Thumbs up for Chef Anton Pradipto who give us a very warm welcome since the day one we stay there… the greeting, the companion, the food… And we have to thank him that his cooking skill manage to make every single of our guest gets hungry for more. Last but not least, we have to admit that we never in a second regretting having our special day celebrated in Padma Hotel Bandung. The whole experience is truly a gift for us to begin our journey as husband and wife

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple