US$42
US$93
US$141
US$108
Hotels.com
All reviewsgolf viewday bedpremium roompanorama roomwalk in closetannual general meetinggreen golfnice viewswimming pooltebing keratoncity lightsihg memberfresh airfive star hotelfront office managerconcierge teamclassic room
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had a 5 night stay here about a week ago. Checkin was ok, but only a minor room upgrade. Fruit plate and two bottles of imported water. No other upgrades for a Platinum Ambassador. No breakfast, no lounge.

Breakfast could be prepaid for a small discount, 120k IDR per person.

We got a room on the 9th floor with a pool/golf course view. As far as I know, the only difference between this and a standard room is the built in window bed/sofa.

Large bathroom with freestanding tub. Single wash basin. Large shower with rainshower, nice non-slip tile inside the shower. The shower floor wasn't installed correctly, so there's a standing pool of water in a corner.

Bathroom has a glass door. Toilet has a so-so Toto sprayer built in. The seat unit seemed a bit loose. Cracked tile on the wall. Two opaque sliding doors for entry/exit. Opaque sticker for door is starting to peel off already.

Nice king sized bed was very comfortable. A single universal electrical plug on each side of the bed was a nice feature. I didn't see any usb plugs. They will not change the linens unless you put a card on the bed.

Minibar with fridge. Two free bottles of water every day. Desk with office chair and phone. Separate walk in closet, with door and safety box.

Room cleaning was average, but not always thorough.

Overall the room was very comfortable. I received newspapers on weekdays. A few times experienced a lot of noise from the adjacent bathroom. Lots of noise from kids in the hallway, especially on the weekend.

As some things in Indonesia are not what they would be in the West, this hotel has a new small restaurant/bakery called Deli 8. Now forgive me for being too literal, but if it's called a deli, I'd expect some sandwiches. Errrr, no such luck.

There are some misses in the restaurant and food areas. Room service has a pretty large menu. Some IHG properties in Indonesia list net rates for food (including tax and service). The room service menu mentions nothing about tax or service on the food items, a first for a hotel in Indonesia. Of course they added it onto the bill.

All food was halal. No pork items that I saw at all, not even in the Chinese restaurant.

We ate at the main restaurant for lunch a few times. The buffet was approximately 250k IDR. And they'll bring you water non-bottled to drink at no charge. I didn't find the buffet to be that appealing, honestly. The normal menu options were much better, at 80-160k++ each.

One thing in many larger Indonesian hotels/restaurants is that they will offer a discount if you pay with certain credit cards. Usually only Indonesian cards, but here they also listed Citibank, and accepted international versions for 20% off. No billing to the room if you want the discount. The discount is taken off before the tax and service are added.

The doors to the outdoor seating are always open. Only the furthest outside section is smoking, but often people were smoking in the non-smoking section. Also with the doors being open the whole inside restaurant smelled of smoke at times.

Food quality on the alacarte items were good. Portions were sometimes small. I had the Shawarma sandwich with fries. Served on a large bun. Only 40% of the sandwich had meat on it, and lots and lots of lettuce. It was tasty, though.

English is hit or miss here. One male waiter didn't understand about the credit card discount, and my card had to be rerun. The concierge desk understood very little english.

We had the weekend BBQ dinner here, which was better than the lunch, but still nothing special. No free water at dinner. It was a little more expensive than lunch, credit card deal discount, too.

The top floor has the club lounge and Chinese restaurant. This restaurant was dead everytime we went. The food was ok. My wife was given free Chinese tea and dessert when she went to eat, but when I dined on another occasion, we were charged 50k IDR for the same tea. No free dessert.

Only 2 out of 3 elevators go to the top floor. The one nearest the windows only goes to the floor below, and is unmarked about this limitation.

Clientele was 99% Indonesian while we were there. They had water and juice gratis in the lobby.

It had a small pool that is heated. It's not handicapped accessible in any way I could see. You have to walk down a series of stairs to get down to that level. No easy entry to the main pool, just a metal stairs.

The decking near the pool is buckled and bowed. Easy to trip if you're not careful. Small cafe downstairs, along with bathroom and showers.

On weekends they have a play area with bunnies and such for kids. They also have horses at the front of the hotel. I think rides cost 50k IDR.

Overall a pretty good stay. I can see parts of the hotel falling apart already, but it's mostly fine. Not a typical IC, and not convenient to the rest of Bandung, but a nice view.

The other IHG properties in Bandung provide much better elite benefits at a lower price.

Room Tip: Pool/Golf course view is pleasant
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JaimitoCartero
InterContinenta... D, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear JaimitoCartero,
Greetings from InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and please accept our sincere apology if not meet your expectation. Please let me assure you that all the issues you have mentioned will be look into as our further improvements. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, and fully convince you of our hotel services, products and facilities. Thank you so much for kind support and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I stay on this hotel for our second babymoon, and it was a memorable babymoon. This hotel provide me, my wife, and my child needs. Its rooms, its kid's activities, and its staff service was very good. Children playing room was large enough to play along with 4/5 kids together. This hotel has open space to do flying kites, play with rabbit, and lot of other things. In front of the hotel, there are several horses that i and my child can use to get a horse riding experience. Last one, the borderless pool was perfect. Well done InterContinental Bandung. It was a perfect babymoon for our family. Thanks.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
9  Thank adityazainir
InterContinenta... D, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear adityazainir,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience during stayed with us. We truly appreciate it and happy to learn that you have memorable experience with us. Look forward to welcome you and your family bak to InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I've spent 2 nights in this hotel. It was great experience for me. The room is clean, view is great, and the food is also nice. The access is not so great though but it's alright since I know when you go to Dago Pakar you will face that kind of traffic and small road. It's also close with famous Cafes in Bandung. I would love to bring my family to this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Iqbal I
InterContinenta... D, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Iqbal I,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar. I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the view also the food. Look forward to welcome you back to InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Very good hotel to enjoy the atmosphere of Bandung. Spacious room, nice furniture, beautiful bathroom, good restaurant, good management. This hotel has a profesional and excellent General Manager, Mr. Pascal Caubo.

Room Tip: Spacious Room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
10  Thank Eric H
InterContinenta... D, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear Eric H,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar. I am very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and proud to hear the great feedback about our team and our lovely General Manager.
I hope we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

rough finishing of properties. very visible to guests' eyes, every corner of the hotel is dirty. the service is friendly but not up to standard. i feel its not worth holding the name Intercon. should up their game seriously. lack of tissues, and ammenities in their room. floor mat is only one. so you got to share if you have family in the room.
their breakfast is an eye opener for the guest of the back kitchen's food. lack of variety of food, but their taste is good enough. one night is more than enough here..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
InterContinenta... D, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Bandung Dago Pakar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Hendry G,
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write such a detail review of our hotel. I am sorry to learn about the inconvenience that you encountered during your stay with us. We truly value your feedback as it helps us to further improve our products, services and facilities. Please let me assured you that this issues will be looked into on all aspects that you mentioned. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide you better experience.

Kind regards,