All reviews small refrigerator train station many options nice hotel walking distance meeting
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I hope that hotel stars was given also because of their service, not due to facility alone. the receptionist and bell boy service was great, punctual and service oriented. the room was so so. minor stain on the floor and glass, might be due to age. cleanliness was above average, they miss one spot under on the TV cabinet but it's still acceptable. punctual switch between PLN and genset when the power outage. wifi was fast. the swimming pool is clean but rather small. quite OK for kids. the room's bath doesn't have string to dry the kid's swimming suit which is a bit odd. the heavy downfall was on the morning breakfast's restaurant facility. they don't seem to have enough staff to tidy the place making the table ready for the next customers. the table is sticky all over the place. there were two incident of utensils being broken, by the staff. the food was too usual. when we checked out we passed by cleaning service team, who barefooted. oh well.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Situated at kebun raya bogor, location is good, just 3 min walk from BTM mall. the hotel is average for food, and all the hotel facilities.

Just wondering one thing, the staff is mostly very young, they are friendly and helpful. I wonder if they are in enough ages to work, or they supposed to go to school :-)

Other than that..i love this hotel.

Room Tip: I got a mountain view room, this is great.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently situated. It is somewhat run down and the staff are mainly asleep.

I was put in a nasty twin room despite asking specifically for a double. They changed me to a much nicer room but it's two beds pushed together not a proper double bed.

Bathroom was functional aircon quite noisy.

Pool was cold and staff didn't clear the tables of dirty plates.

Breakfast was a disgrace. Fruit looked as if it was three days old and covered in flies. No one at egg station and cooker broken and gas empty. No one remedied.

Web site said mini bar. Fridge in room empty

Better options.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simon63
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Royal hotel is a pretty nice hotel. The hotels location is pretty strategic, there's a mall nearby also mc Donald's and several street food vendors. So you don't have to worry getting hungry around the clock. Hotel staff is friendly, they always smile and greet you.
I was there for a friend's wedding. The room I got, I don't what's​ the room type, it was quite spacious and the bed was comfortable. There's a small refrigerator that didn't work at that time, but most important the AC was working properly. Basic toiletries are provided in the bathroom, and there's a hot water. Wifi was pretty fast and stabil so I have nothing to complaint about the room.
Too bad the breakfast buffet was way too average than what I've expected. Too little options, and the juices they served, strawberry and orange were too sweet. The fruits served were dry at the time. But they compensate the breakfast buffet with the food they served at the wedding, everything looks good and taste delicious. I liked the barbeque chicken, I kept on getting more and more.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here for two weeks, it's a good experience for us. I have never visited Bogor as long as now. Located in front of Kebun Raya Bogor, on walking distance to Bogor Trade Mall. The staff is very well mannered and helpful, they always greet "Selamat Pagi", "Selamat Siang", etc when meet us. I got deluxe room number 519, it has very nice window view of Mt. Salak, it's recommended room. Breakfast has many various of menu, even some Indonesian menu is too salty but it's still ok.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business