All reviews mongolian tent flying fox horse riding shuttle car mongolian style water boom company gathering nice view mount salak paint ball hotel room nice place cache nangka paintball outbound rope
Reviewed 13 November 2015

Stayed here for one night on the 7th of November.

The concept is unique. The Mongolian tent is spacious and equipped with modern amenities so no worries about roughing it out there.

The compound was quite large so if you stayed at the Aztec camp at the back, ask to use the golf cart.

There were plenty of activities for the whole family. Fishing, horse-riding, mini golf, ziplines, etc. The pool was quite nice and it came with two slides.

The surrounding was just beautiful. It was raining when I was there and soon after fog rolled down from the mountains behind the hotel.

The food was okay while the service was really friendly and prompt.

As for the negatives, the water lacked pressure. And there was barely enough hot water for a decent shower.

And the bugs. You'll probably find some on the sink. But then again, when you're pretending to be a Mongolian horseback rider, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2015

the best experience from this resort is the sensation of living in tent

of course this is a modern tent whereas there's hot water and nice toilet

the playing facilities is also very good..... with simple rope, swimming pool (free facilities)

and paid facilities such as high rope, flying fox and mini golf

the weather is very cold at night but hot in the afternoon

tips : if the water suddenly becoming cold, don't hesitate to call the room service
because the heater is using gas
so there's possibility the gas is running out

Room Tip: ask for mongolian camp, don't apache.... apache is too far from playing park, swimming pool
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed at mongolian tent. This tent was clean and the towel as well. There is swimming pool and a slide. The location is amazing but the way to get there is so narrow. The staff was so friendly. I left my thing in the lobby and they kept it and returned to me. They had karoke room but the price is to expensive. The food is yummy. In the day time it is so hotand at night is not really cool. So if you want to find the cold place you better find another place.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2015

I travelled with 4 friends during Lebaran Holiday.. The place is huge and the air is still fresh as they are located near the mountain..

They adopt a unique concept of Mongolian camp.. So most of the camp looks like Mongolian camp.

We choose the Standard Camp. Standard camp doesn't have permanent wall so we can hear the noise from outside clearly.
But don't worry even though its not a permanent wall but they use marble floor tiles so its clean.. The toilet are from permanent wall =))
Each standard camp can accommodate 6 people at most. Inside the camp there twin / double bed, and 4 sofa beds..
Rooms are clean and comfortable enough.
We pay for approx. 2.3 million rupiah (USD 175)

Environment : The air is still fresh here.. In the morning and at night its quite cold, so don't forget to bring jacket.

Facilities : They provide many facilities like soccer court, billiard, table tennis, darts, golf range, swimming pool, etc. Even though some are not really brand new but they're still usable.. =P

Restaurant : For the buffet meal are quite good. But for the A la carte menu its not really recommended unless you order for the Asian food.
some of us ordered fettuccine carbonara, aglio olio and its like the worst pasta we ever had. Its pricey too! They really need to improve!

Overall, the place is the right place for vacation..

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

I visited this resort in this Eid holiday together with my fams. Im interested to stay at this resort because of the mongolian camp concept that this resort has.

Let me tell you the positive aspects first:
This resort has a unique concept. No other resort/hotelin Indonesia has this Mongolian concept. The resort has many kinds of mongol camps. I chose superior camp that can accomodate 7 people. One king size bed, and extra beds for the rest. This concept definitely will bring you into a different atmosphere. It is supported by clear view of Salak Mountain right above the camp.

This resort has a very wide area. There are many areas that we can explore. Child playground? Yes. Swimming pool? Yes. Billiard? Yes. Mini golf? Yes. Flowers garden? Yes. Outbond? Yes. Horse riding? Yes. tabble tennis? Yes. Fishing? Yes. This resort gives you one stop service.

In short, from the positive side, this resort has a very good concept. Childs would be the happiest, as this resort is indeed fulfill child's happiness.

Now the negative side.
- check in and check out process is very-very poor. Very slow and not fast response. I think there should be a serious training held for the staffs in order to improve this.
- besides very slow service in front desk, the staffs in front desk are also not so fluent in English, while there are quite many foreign tourists want to stay there.
- front desk staff is also careless and not organized. When i was already in the car heading back home, staff called me that she lost the payment receipt. Pffftt. How can. Ah, ya! Staff also forgot to call me that my room was already ready when i checked in, as she promised to call my phone once the room is ready. Another pffft moment.
- housekeeping service is also not quite good. I should call them three times to provide towels to my room. Slow service.
- There's lack of spots to hang our clothes in the bathroom. Ah ya, for me, it's quite strange to place refrigerator in toilet area. Pffft.
- i found many flies flying around dining room. Pffftt.
- not well maintained. Considering that this resort is still quite new, but i found many parts not well-maintained. The resort looks older than it should be. (Based on my point of view). Some facilities for adults like table tennis, etc are not quite maintained seriously.
- the room looks like a wedding room (kamar penganten) for me instead mongolian camp. I dont like how the room is designed.
- the air. You might be surprised that the air feels so hooooottt in the afternoon. You're also better to bring and wear sunglasses. Seriously hoooot and will make you sweaty. The air is not so fresh. Dont expect the air to be as fresh and cold as Lembang. Puncak is way much colder than this resort. Thus, the rooms are still equipped with AC.

Overall, hm...
This resort actually has a very good concept, but not executed well. Most importantly it is because the staffs are not professional. Their service, clothes and appearance are should be improved, immediately.
I also can say that this resort has very complete facilities, but all of them should be maintained very well. I personally wont ever go back to this resort. I know that the maintenance cost for this resort is very high, but there is no other way. Train your staffs and do good maintenance. You should also plant many many trees, flowers, etc.

Thank you!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
8  Thank Nindyaswari
Heru S, Public Relations Manager at Highland Park Resort Bogor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the inputs and critics. We will do our best to be better.

On behalf of The Highland Park Resort - Hotel Bogor management, we apologize for any inconvenience occurred.