All reviews nice hotel business trip shopping mall nice room breakfast menu is recommended hotel superior room borobudur temple nice stay excellent breakfast strategic location stayed days western food local food swimming pool laptop facilities
Reviewed 29 July 2018

One of the two large hotels in Magelang. I stayed there for one night during a business trip. Check-in and check-out process were smooth. The standard room is pretty large and has basic amenities, but do not expect luxury. Bed and pillows was comfortable, I had a good sleep that night. The hotel interior felt quite new as if it was recently renovated, but the exterior looks to old and unmaintained.

Breakfast was served at the Pamiluto restaurant. They have plenty of varieties including local cuisine, most are delicious. Unfortunately no waiter offered anyone coffee or tea upon arriving at the desk. Things like that should be common especially to a four star hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sungkowo D, Front Office Manager at Atria Hotel Magelang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Mr. Fajaradiartha,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding Atria Hotel Magelang..

We try to always give the best service to our valuable guests and we highly appreciate your input on the breakfast service that we will review afterwards. We will do our best to provide the excellent service to our honorable guests.

Once again, I highly appreciate your input and shall looking forward to meet you on your next visit.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

We had a good time at atria hotel magelang..Very good ambiance..Friendly staff..very helpful..special mention to desnia at the restuarant who prvoided excellent service..she was extremely polite nd helpful..the hotel very close to borobudur..hotel provides free car to the nearest shopping mall..such a pleasant experience..

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sungkowo D, Front Office Manager at Atria Hotel Magelang, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Mr. Nikhilbal,

Thank you for your kind support and review.

We are pleased to convey the good input to the team to increase their motivation especially for Desnia and all Restaurant team.
Hopefully we could welcome you in the future.

Thank you once again and success to all of us.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Clean room and big room space with reasonable price and good food plus cheap which middle class can afford without leaving the good taste and quality. Near to candi borobudur and mall in case need to buy some stuff

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sungkowo D, Front Office Manager at Atria Hotel Magelang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Pak Indra Daulat,

Thank you for your kind support and review.

We are pleased to convey the good input to the team to increase their motivation.
Hopefully we could welcome you in the future.

Thank you once again and success to all of us.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

room is not ready until almost 4pm, and in the morning when we have to check out, the manager sent a letter to room that we have to leave at 12pm sharp! room condition is not clean, bed sheet having a blood spot and pillow sheet is tear down. From 3 available elevators, only 1 can use while is a high season period!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sungkowo D, Front Office Manager at Atria Hotel Magelang, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Mr. Ksatriosampurno

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your stay story on Tripadvisor.

First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the situation that discomfort you. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. Learn more details about your experience, we will make sure that our room will be ready at our check in time in best condition at your next stay.

We take your valuable feedback on board to better improve on the concerned areas as we constantly aim to deliver a professional service to our guests. It is our hope that you will give us another chance to better serve you in the near future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Atria Hotel Magelang.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Its started when I noticed that 1 lift from 3 lift was out of service. And i then notices the among the 2 that work is a service lift that in my code of etiquette is for staff to do their job to other guests so minimize using it.I know i check in the 1st day of Hari Raya, and I told myself it was an excuse no technician available.and hoping tomorrow the hotel will call in, which i know will add more service cost. But horrible experience came the following day. I have to waited 45 min to get in a lift, as the service lift was used by a wedding. And we aren't allow to enter.gosh!.
And not only me but other guests complaints
And till the next morning (the 3rd day i stayed)I was trap with 3 of my children, my husband, 1 man Guest and a bell girl with the luggage trolley in the guests lift. We were stuck for 10 min between L and B. And the lift was just going up and down between L and B without opening the door. Then the hotel technical helped out and all of us stop at B and changed to Service lift because was afraid it will stop. And no apologies from hotel staff/mgt directly
Only when i was checking out and tell about it.
And until i check out the lift havent been fixed, and I stayed 5 Days!!!
And not only me got the experience trap, but when i was in the service lift i often heard the guests lift alarm turn on.
And when i asked FO why not fixing,a big smile without empathy to the bad experiences guests got, the FO spv or mgr (she was using a more formal uniform then the other lady), reply, because it is high occupancy and it is hard to fix 1.HAH!!! I told her, well, because it high occupancy you should fixed it, it can be done late night. Technical of lift always do repair at night (well they can do it).it was the most silly, unreasonable answer!!! And when i check out, i need to wait 1 hour till the bell girl bring down my luggage because the use of the lift is high.
I really feel ilfell with the hotel. What if i got highet room? And my kids was in the lift??? And the lift flew dowb directly. Luckily when i was there it was only from L to B.
If i have to stayed here again, because i will always visit magelang once a year. I will asked if the lift worked all or not before booked it.

And other thing. How should i know, there are other type of rooms. What i know is only from booking.com,superior room. So when i asked to HK, if it possible to have a hand/face towel. And the HK write down in a note, i would be provided during my stay if I stayed at deluxe or suite.well HK staff should be more polite in answering it.

And last but not lease. I put a No disturb sign in my room,so the HK wont clean up, as we only going for breakfast. And my room have connections room.with my kids room. And because 1 room doesn't have the sign (was not provided), i thought its their (un usually rule), if connection room only need 1 sign that will represent both.
But, still I put 1 sign no disturb, the HK clean it up. And it pissed me up
And the reply,because it connected so 1 room dont have the sign and 1 room have they cleaned it! What a reply.

1 last thing,please changed all your bath towel
To.a new ones. I only got a new one when the last day. The first 4 day my bath towel was an old one, all along the edge was torn. I thought all towel is like that.but then last night there i finally get the new one. Maybe its their rule, to give the new one only at the last night so psychology will be remembered by the guests

Over all will think twice if have to stay here. Maybe i rather spent more but stayed at Grand Artos the regular hotel i used to stayed

Dear Mrs. Sherrysuradji

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Atria Hotel Magelang.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfall in service and facilities at your last stay. Regarding your feedback , it is obvious we have made some mistake that impact on your stay.

Thank you very much again for sharing your experience and we still wish to welcoming you again soon at Atria Hotel Magelang.

Best Regard,