“Good for budget travellers, but sadly not much good things to talk about from here”
Review of Whiz Hotel Pemuda

Whiz Hotel Pemuda
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Semarang
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I am fully aware that this is a budget hotel and I chose to stay here with a few colleagues considering that the venue we are heading to is just across the road. We stayed here for 3 nights for a national scale conference so the hotel was fully booked. During breakfast it was chaotic as there were more people than the restaurant could cater, and the food ran out very quickly. Coming for breakfast at 8 am and half of the food was already gone, refill should have been done faster.

Let's talk about the room. If you are a solo traveller or just staying for the bed it's a great place to go. The mattress is comfortable. But don't expect any sorts of entertainment as the TV is placed in a very awkward spot where you will end up getting a sore neck. I stayed both in double bed room and single room during this 3 nights period, and in my opinion both have the same "awkward TV spot". I am also not happy with the bathroom. The double bed room has a very tiny shower cubicle that barely let me move about as I shower, let alone put on some clothes in there! The shower head is located right next to the towel hanger so the water drizzles oh your towel. The towel hanger is also placed very high close to the ceiling, I don't think it's ergonomical. Strangely enough, the single bed room has a bigger shower cubicle since it is merged together with the toilet (double bedded room has separate cubicles for shower and toilet).

When you make your booking, be very careful of what you order. A single room is really a single room for ONE. This is why I said I slept in two different bedroom type during my stay. I was informed from the start that there will be no room for an extra bed, and since the hotel was fully booked I cannot amend my booking. So for one night I had to bring a sleeping bag as I had to share the room with my colleague. Talking of amending bookings and customer service, the staffs were very helpful though. So were they when we asked for some paperwork to be handed to our office as an official travel receipt. Thank you, but I don't think I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
WHIZHOTELSEMARANG, General Manager at Whiz Hotel Pemuda, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Mrs. Prita K,

Warmest Greetings from Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang!

First of all, thank you for choosing Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang when you were visiting Kota Semarang.Many thanks for taking the time to record your reviews on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang.
We highly appreciate reading your detailed review regarding our rooms, amenities, and our breakfast facility. We welcome your suggestions for improvement of overall our service and facilities in particular.Your comfort and satisfied are our priority during your stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang.
Please allow me to welcoming you back and serving you even better in your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night and nothing special here. First thing you should know is despite they use Whiz Pemuda Hotel, they are not lay in Jalan Pemuda but in Jalan Pierre Tendean, a small street next to pemuda street. I requested for early checkin (if avaliable of course) but their staff said i can not do that strictly be able to check in at 2pm, even i tell him to check it first and it doesn't matter for me to waiting couple minutes. After waiting 1 hour i decided to go around and spend my time until my friends come or reach check in time. Meanwhile i took my stuff on concierge, the other staff (look more senior than before) offering a room for me, in fact i can check in that time (it about 11am) but too late because my taxi was arrived. Back to hotel, check in process was smooth, i got 4th floor. My room is straight to elevator which make i can hear anything and anyone who use elevator. Surprisingly even i had a smooth check in, it did not happen when i want to enter my room. The door is difficult to open, really hard! May be because that door is broken in some part (you can see in my photos), i also saw some water leak print at the door. Their room is spacious enough for budget hotel, which is OK for me. They have separate shower room and water closet. We got another problem in shower room (specially for my tiny friend). They put towel rack too high, that was not so Indonesian-average-height people friendly. Shower room floor also slippery if it wet moreover after showering. Do not expect complete amenities here, you'd better bring by your own or buy it in convenient store next the hotel. Although i bought "with breakfast" hotel voucher, i didn't grab my bfast there, so i cannot comment anything. My favorite things are ; Their wifi was Good and their serve Jamu (local healthy drink) as welcome drink.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mrs.Ucha-Yhusanti,

Warmest greething from Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang,
First of all, thank you for choosing Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang when you were visiting Kota Semarang. Many thanks for taking the time to record your reviews on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang.

We highly appreciate regarding your compliment for our authentic healthy drink "jamu" and our internet connection.Then for our concerned we will be using your information to review our operation to identify our obvious shortcomings during your stay and hope that with this information we will be able to improve our service for the future. Please accept our sincere apologize regarding your disappointment and we would like to assure you that we will follow up those points.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed here after some time On Karimunjawa. Room not to spacious but clean and a verry large bathroom. Verry friendly staff. There breakfast could be beter but well you cant have em all. Close to the centre where it all happens and not far away from manny nice places. Yes I would come again. Really liked their frontdeskstaff uttermost friendly people

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
WHIZHOTELSEMARANG, General Manager at Whiz Hotel Pemuda, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Mrs/Mr. Krait88,

Greeting from WHIZHOTEL PEMUDA SEMARANG!

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang during your current stay at Semarang, and thank you for taking the time to record your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.
Regarding your review, we very much appreciate your compliments regarding our room, breakfast and friendly staff. We are glad to know that you definitely enjoy our facilities and services.
Your satisfaction and comfort during stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang are our priority. Your review is an important way for us to be able to continue to provide you with the highest standards of quality and service.
Once again thank you, and we would look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Small room, clean, but don't expect a lot of amenities since this is a budget hotel. Perfect for a short business trip. I booked this hotel just for resting during our road trip to east java. The wooden door starts to craking. The towel is a bit smelly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
WHIZHOTELSEMARANG, General Manager at Whiz Hotel Pemuda, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Mrs.Nurina L,

Warmest greeting from Whiz Hotel Semarang!

Regarding your review, we highly appreciate your suggestions for improvement of overall our service and facilities in particular.Your comfort and satisfied are our concerned during your stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang.
Please accept our sincere apologize regarding your disappointment experience and we would like to assure you that we will follow up those points.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Good place to stay, cheap, clean, good atmosphere, near paragon mall, it's easy to find food around this place. Service is good, kind staff. Recommended to solo or business trip. Just try this hotel when you visit semarang

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Lionel H,

Greeting from WHIZ HOTEL PEMUDA SEMARANG!

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang during your current stay at Semarang, and thank you for taking the time to record your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.
Your satisfaction and comfort during stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang are our priority. Your comment is an important way for us to be able to continue to provide you with the highest standards of quality and service.
Regarding your review, we very much appreciate your compliments regarding our room , service and staff. We are glad to know that you definitely enjoy our facilities and services and recommended to other traveler.

Sincerely Yours,