US$38
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$73
US$64
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$42
US$34
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$41/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$86
  • Pool
Imam Bonjol Hostel(Semarang)(Great Value!)
All reviewsnasi liwetparagon mallgreat budget hotellawang sewusingle roomshower and toiletsolo travellerlocal foodbusiness tripwalking distancetraditional menubooked this hotelwi finice servicestrategic locationreasonable pricestayed here for nights
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night and nothing special here. First thing you should know is despite they use Whiz Pemuda Hotel, they are not lay in Jalan Pemuda but in Jalan Pierre Tendean, a small street next to pemuda street. I requested for early checkin (if avaliable of course) but their staff said i can not do that strictly be able to check in at 2pm, even i tell him to check it first and it doesn't matter for me to waiting couple minutes. After waiting 1 hour i decided to go around and spend my time until my friends come or reach check in time. Meanwhile i took my stuff on concierge, the other staff (look more senior than before) offering a room for me, in fact i can check in that time (it about 11am) but too late because my taxi was arrived. Back to hotel, check in process was smooth, i got 4th floor. My room is straight to elevator which make i can hear anything and anyone who use elevator. Surprisingly even i had a smooth check in, it did not happen when i want to enter my room. The door is difficult to open, really hard! May be because that door is broken in some part (you can see in my photos), i also saw some water leak print at the door. Their room is spacious enough for budget hotel, which is OK for me. They have separate shower room and water closet. We got another problem in shower room (specially for my tiny friend). They put towel rack too high, that was not so Indonesian-average-height people friendly. Shower room floor also slippery if it wet moreover after showering. Do not expect complete amenities here, you'd better bring by your own or buy it in convenient store next the hotel. Although i bought "with breakfast" hotel voucher, i didn't grab my bfast there, so i cannot comment anything. My favorite things are ; Their wifi was Good and their serve Jamu (local healthy drink) as welcome drink.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
WHIZHOTELSEMARANG, General Manager at Whiz Hotel Pemuda, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Mrs.Ucha-Yhusanti,

Warmest greething from Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang,
First of all, thank you for choosing Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang when you were visiting Kota Semarang. Many thanks for taking the time to record your reviews on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang.

We highly appreciate regarding your compliment for our authentic healthy drink "jamu" and our internet connection.Then for our concerned we will be using your information to review our operation to identify our obvious shortcomings during your stay and hope that with this information we will be able to improve our service for the future. Please accept our sincere apologize regarding your disappointment and we would like to assure you that we will follow up those points.
Please allow me to welcoming you back and serving you even better in your next visit.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed here after some time On Karimunjawa. Room not to spacious but clean and a verry large bathroom. Verry friendly staff. There breakfast could be beter but well you cant have em all. Close to the centre where it all happens and not far away from manny nice places. Yes I would come again. Really liked their frontdeskstaff uttermost friendly people

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
WHIZHOTELSEMARANG, General Manager at Whiz Hotel Pemuda, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Mrs/Mr. Krait88,

Greeting from WHIZHOTEL PEMUDA SEMARANG!

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang during your current stay at Semarang, and thank you for taking the time to record your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.
Regarding your review, we very much appreciate your compliments regarding our room, breakfast and friendly staff. We are glad to know that you definitely enjoy our facilities and services.
Your satisfaction and comfort during stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang are our priority. Your review is an important way for us to be able to continue to provide you with the highest standards of quality and service.
Once again thank you, and we would look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Small room, clean, but don't expect a lot of amenities since this is a budget hotel. Perfect for a short business trip. I booked this hotel just for resting during our road trip to east java. The wooden door starts to craking. The towel is a bit smelly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
WHIZHOTELSEMARANG, General Manager at Whiz Hotel Pemuda, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Mrs.Nurina L,

Warmest greeting from Whiz Hotel Semarang!

Regarding your review, we highly appreciate your suggestions for improvement of overall our service and facilities in particular.Your comfort and satisfied are our concerned during your stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang.
Please accept our sincere apologize regarding your disappointment experience and we would like to assure you that we will follow up those points.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Good place to stay, cheap, clean, good atmosphere, near paragon mall, it's easy to find food around this place. Service is good, kind staff. Recommended to solo or business trip. Just try this hotel when you visit semarang

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Lionel H,

Greeting from WHIZ HOTEL PEMUDA SEMARANG!

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang during your current stay at Semarang, and thank you for taking the time to record your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.
Your satisfaction and comfort during stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang are our priority. Your comment is an important way for us to be able to continue to provide you with the highest standards of quality and service.
Regarding your review, we very much appreciate your compliments regarding our room , service and staff. We are glad to know that you definitely enjoy our facilities and services and recommended to other traveler.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Certainly, this is a budget hotel. As a "only for taking rest" hotel, don't expect to enjoy fancy facility and or accessories. Therefore, the expectation should be set at the right level, i.e. basic needs of stay.

Basic need (1): clean and not smelly
------------------------------------
Two thumbs up. Everything is good. The bed, pillow, floor, shower etc are cleaned everyday with a high quality standard of operation. I really wish the management will be able to maintain this.

Basic need (2): toiletries
------------------------
Towel, shower gel, toothpaste and toothbrush are provided. That's all. For me, it is much more convenient to bring my own toiletries (except for towel). By the way, right next to the hotel is a minimart, so it is very easy to buy one if we don't bring it.

However, there are several tiny shreds here and there on the towel (and also the bed sheet). Probably they should replace it.

The water volume speed from the shower is a bit below standard, too slow.

Basic need (3): Air condition (AC)
----------------------------------
It is working well but I think it needs regular service to sublime the noise and the coldness. The insufficient coldness of the AC can be spotted well at the lobby hotel. It tend to be hot.

Basic need (4): wi-fi
---------------------
The wi-fi is provided. However, the quality is a bit below standard and the connectivity is not very stable. It is sufficient to do casual light work using the wi-fi but I think not sufficient to support high volume and speed download/upload activities.

On top of those basic needs, below are several notes from my experience:
(A) The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Two thumbs up. Bravo! I admire this.
(B) Location is perfect. It just needs 3 minutes walk to go to Paragon Shopping Center, one of the newest shopping mall in Semarang. 10 minutes to go to Oen restaurant, one of the oldest nice restaurant. Nearby there is Lunpia (spring roll ala Semarang) Mbak Lien, one of the most famous Lunpia in Semarang.
(C) As mentioned above, right next to the hotel is a minimart open until 10 pm.

--------
However, never ever hold a meeting here. Apparently, they are not prepared for that, even though they do provide the venue. The sound system is too noisy. Probably there are equipments need to be fixed. The awareness of the staffs to prepare to room readiness is very low. Nobody take care of the room in the morning. E.g. Switch on the light, turn on the AC, check the sound etc. In addition, the room is located next to the breakfast room. Probably because of the need, they add breakfast tables at the foyer of the meeting room. Consequently, breakfast chat might intervene the meeting if the venue is held in the morning.
--------

In summary, if a nice rest is the sole objective of staying, put aside all fancy accessories, consider this hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
WHIZHOTELSEMARANG, General Manager at Whiz Hotel Pemuda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Mr. JopieJusuf,

Warmest Greetings from Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang!

Warmest Greetings from Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang!
We highly appreciate reading your detailed review regarding our rooms, amenities, wifi , staff, meeting room and location. We welcome your suggestions for improvement of overall our service and facilities in particular.Your comfort and satisfied are our concerned during your stay at Whiz Hotel Pemuda Semarang.

Sincerely yours,