Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites
US$20
Agoda.com
US$19
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolgarden viewhotel areanice poolspacious roomtaxigymleisuredoormanpurposefoodsbromo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed two nights at Surabaya’s Novotel hotel and enjoyed the experience. Although rather old, our room was clean, spacious, and well appointed. We found the food at the restaurant filling and delicious, and the breakfast buffet was varied and plentiful. The service was excellent. The pool and gardens were lovely as well.

Being charged an extra Rp. 35.000 per hour or Rp. 100.000 per day for wifi in the room seemed excessive, however. In this day and age, providing two computers with online access in the lobby for guests just doesn’t cut it. Hotels are going digital, and Novotel will need to upgrade its services if it doesn’t want to be left behind.

Novotel’s location was excellent for our purposes. We were on a business trip and able to get around quite easily from there. We used the regular Bluebird taxis on hand instead of accepting the offer of a Novotel car and driver for Rp. 295.000/three hours. It cost us only Rp. 190.000 to take a cab way out to the newly developed Citraland area, have it wait for an hour and drop us off at a city center mall, and then take two other taxis during the day - far less than the hotel car’s overpriced three-hour fee.

The Novotel is a short distance from the Carrefour mall, which is another plus. It is definitely not “right next door” to it as the doorman told us, however. It might be an easy two block walk by daylight, but at night we found it difficult and dangerous to walk along and in the road, stumbling along the uneven pavement and trying to avoid potholes while facing fast oncoming traffic. Our advice: even for the Carrefour mall, take a taxi!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

It has a standard novotel feeling (Similar with the one in Bogor). Same design, same atmosphere, same good services. But my room was an old one (Still got a CRT TV instead of LCD). It's about time they need to rejuvenate the room

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Hi All,

I was stayed at room 153 which is good and nice room, but the toilet is very bad smell after use to pee for one time. It seems that it is connected to other pipeline so after you flush, the water come out with bad smell. I am not sure, but the smell is coming form the toilet after first use. It is brand new room and maybe the pipeline is still not well managed. However the room is clean and nice. I like the room. Poor that you have to pay for the wireless and internet in a 4 star hotel.This is too procedural for me, why don't you just put in the package price?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I came there when they are still renovating the hotel. There are rooms in 3-stories buildings and higher stories. As I got my room in 3 stories building, there is no lift facility so it might be a bit hassle if you don't ask bell boy to help you bring your staff to & from the room. I got an upgraded room from superior to premium as the superior rooms are probably limited due to renovation and unavailable.

The premium room is styled with a modern wood decoration, with see through bathroom, flat tv, and well-lighted. It has shower but no bath tub.

I am a bit disappointed with the bedsheet quality as it has oil stain, ink stain and small rips like a worn out sheets. I didn't ask for a change as there is a flyer stating that the bedsheet is a fresh and newly changed, and if I wish not to change it for more than a day stay.

The fitness center is quite big for a 4-star Hotel category, they have 3 treadmills looking out the pool just beside the restaurant. The aircon is not so cold though. But I appreciate as they opened the fitness center at 5.30am for me. It supposed to open at 6am.

The pool is quite shady too with garden. If you don't like noises, choose the room far from the restaurant as sometimes they have events/functions and might be a bit noisy. They have rooms on ground floor looking out the pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We booked 2 rooms by accor. Our rooms are up graded to premier room. It is a renovated room which is close to the pool and breakfast area. Breakfast is free for 2 children under 16. Very easy to get a taxi and shuttle car to the airport. We will definitely stay at this hotel on our next visit in Surabaya.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family