Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites
US$74
US$69
US$63
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$74/night.

US$35
US$31
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$35/night.

US$65
US$21
Agoda.com
US$42
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolgarden viewhotel areanice poolspacious roomtaxigymleisuredoormanpurposefoods
Reviewed 2 January 2013

The apartment room was bad which looked old. The roof of the bathroom was leaked. Compared to the other Novotel hotel in Indonesia, my hotel room was dirty. Apologies for not recommending this hotel to my colleagues as well my company. My suggestion is: this hotel needs renovation!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank eduard_widijantoro
Reviewed 27 December 2012

staying at novotel surabaya with my spouse and our only child supposed to be a nice getaway..
well, the room is nice. me ordered pool access room. kid activities such as swimming, horse riding and dolphin club activities made our son happy, so it was more than enough.

but unfortunately, the service at front office was such a disappointment. it's took more than 30 minutes to check in, staffs are not genuinely friendly, and seems like they were in hurry.
as a leclub accor member, me and my spouse would personally say that it's below the accor standard. me and my spouse hope that there will be improvements at the customer service staffs.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I typically stay at the Sheraton while I'm in Surabaya but since I was trying to save my company some money I decided to give Novotel a shot. I even picked an executive room over a superior room, swayed by their writeup on it which goes like this - "A unique experience combining relaxation and focus. The executive room treats you like a VIP."

Unfortunately, this turned out to be a big mistake, as there was definitely no VIP treatment here. I already didn't have a great impression of the hotel, it was very dated and just felt really old and dusty. When I got to my room, that was when the disappointment truly began. I couldn't believe this was an executive room - it had a musty smell, everything was old and faded, the carpet was stained, the bathroom was stained, the bed, fixtures and fittings were from the 90's, the air-conditioning barely worked, it was a nightmare. And to top it off, I had paid a fee for internet since I needed to work, and I couldn't even sustain a proper working connection.

The breakfast was pretty decent but extremely crowded, I felt sorry for larger groups as they couldn't find places to sit. At least you get a couple of hours of free wifi there.

Location-wise, there are some local food outlets in the vicinity but no adjacent shopping malls like the Sheraton has.

My biggest problem as a business traveler was getting access to the internet though. There was a point where I needed to dial into a conference call early in the morning, and since my room's connection was abysmal I tried to get access to a business centre, only to find they didn't have one. Instead they gave me a room beside the lobby and free wifi slips (which I would otherwise need to pay for to use in the lobby) but the connection in the room was bad as well, so I had to miss my call. On the plus side, they tried to accommodate my needs, but I would never ever recommend this hotel to any business travelers! Two points for Novotel Surabaya.

Room Tip: I think some rooms were being upgraded while I was there. MAKE SURE you ask for an upgraded room or you might get a really old crap one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2012

At this trip we booked Executive Room (Novotel Suite) which we found more than enough for us (me & hubby) because we just stayed for 1 night and have no plan to stay in the room as we already have some places to visit.

Here are the positive & negative remarks to this hotel (especially our room #235):
Positives:
1. Spacious room for two;
2. Good cleanliness;
3. Fresh air from the lobby as it faces garden (not pools)
4. Walking distance to Taman Bungkul where people gather around on Sunday (car free day) and various tradional foods can be found!

Negatives:
1. Old carpets for a suite room;
2. Not so close to malls, airport;
3. Pool's water taste bitter (?)

Despite the negatives, still we found that novotel is more than enough for us. We really enjoy our stay and will consider to stay here again for the next trip.

• Stayed: December 2012