All reviews swimming pool garden view nice pool spacious room lobby area taxi gym poolside purpose foods
Reviewed 2 October 2014

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

Stayed fot two nights here and I have to say that it is the worst among other novotel network.
The first night we stayed at the hotel room. The check-in process took 20 minutes. Then they gave only one access card even I asked two and agree with the charges if I loss those cards. I explained why I need two cards, but they said could not provide the cards since it might cause an error on their system. I cannot inderstand the reason, but finally I accept their decision.
For the second night, we (me,husband, and my parents) stayed at the family room apartment with two bedrooms. Once again, they only provide ONE ACCESS CARD with the error reason. It's 2014 and you still stuck with your system error? And it's Novotel, one of Accor hotel network. Our first impression on this hotel was bad. The check-in process need a lot of improvement, both the speed and the service quality.
Luckyly, the hotel room was good. It was better than the apartment room which was older. But both are okay. However the amenities were poor. They only provide soap, shampoo, brush+toothpaste. No shower cap, cotton bud, or sanitary bag. The body lotion was provided at the apartment only. It was poor compared to other Novotel I had stayed at Bandung, Semarang, Palembang and Singapore.
The breakfast was just average in terms of the variety and the taste. One more turndown point was the staff enter our room to empty the mini bar when we were out for lunch. It is unacceptable for me since they did not ask for our permission.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2014

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2014

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Ive been staying in this hotel several times, as they offer pretty much competitive price and for a 4 stars hotel, they have one of most beautiful pool in Surabaya
but first thing first, avoid their apartment!
they have room and apartments on the back side of the hotel

as a platinum member of Accor, i received instant upgrade
but if i dont receive it, id be gladly to pick their room instead of their apartment upgrade
the apartment is old and a bit creepy for me and i need to walk pretty much far from the front area
especially during night time, it wasnt a pleasant walk
wasnt impressed with whats inside the apartment, as it is old and has stain in several spots
and the quality of the towel..
well,if you cant do something about the property, atleast do something from smallest stuff which is towel
it felt like something coming out from last decade

however, if you pick their room, youll be pretty much satisfied
pick a room that has access to the pool
it is actually a beautiful property IF you pick the right room
suitable for family and although is not really close from city center, cab to big mall such as Tunjungan Plaza with no traffic will only take for about 20 minutes

Room Tip: Choose room that has access to pool and ask them if they finish the renovation already wifi may not work properly in some areas
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family