At first checked in, me & my husband got room on tower building on the back side of the hotel (it has its own entrance & elevator), that was the only room they had, because there were conference went on that time.
my first impression of this room was so average, clean, it's like compact small apartment, has own kitchenette (which the electric stove missed one knob.. ) & separated bedroom from living room.
I didn't like the position of the room, because we can hear trains passing by very often.
so I asked the reception to find another room. we had to wait almost 1hour to have new room, because it was fully booked.
but, this friendly staff did a good job, at first he promised if around 7pm the guest who booked the room didn't come, we can have his room, then we got his room.
the room was still average, but we can sleep without the sound of trains..:).
towels were not as white as I expected, room was clean, but sadly the pillows were a bit smelly..
spa.. o.. spa..., if you want to have spa treatment, better have it on your own room (they have service for it, but could you imagine if you want scrub too? it would be so messy ..)
I had my treatment on this room which is next to staff room, I think... gosh,.. they were so noisy..., chatting laughing,etc.. I couldn't relax at all!, and the walk hall outside the room is so noisy too.... i also had to walk through (altough it's near) that walk hall (which men can also go through this hall... imagine.. I only wrap my body with batik sheet, ) to reach shower room..
food is not bad, perhaps because we were in conference's group? so the food is just like that ? :))
only a big supermarket (carrefour) is near by., with A&W along inside it.
overall, friendly staff...average hotel, but nice surrounding..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites is a 4 star hotel conveniently located in the main business district of Surabaya. For business trips and holidays, this hotel is the perfect destination, offering conference facilities, a fitness centre, outdoor pool, tennis courts, activities and Dolfi Kids Club. Our 209 well appointed rooms offer comfort and convenience. Enjoy a meal in our restaurant, or relax and unwind in one of our two bars. This is not just a business hotel, but a holiday resort in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Accorhotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Surabaya Hotel Surabaya
- Surabaya Novotel
- Novotel Surabaya Hotel And Suites Java