All reviews pasar malam hyatt hotel classic room nice garden spacious room local hotel sashimi business trip swimming pool love this hotel local cuisine excellent breakfast tunjungan plaza coffee shop street food breakfast spread breakfast menu
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2020 via mobile

if you need hotel with a nice view garden in the city, this is a best choice, and for the room is comfort, all the staff are nice, and the food for breakfast and lunch, you can find many variety food also.
oh ya, i use this hotel for meeting too at its ballroom on second floor, nice room, a big enough for meeting or seminar room

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank addygunadi
Reviewed 3 August 2020

I stayed with my family for a night in Classic room. Start with the check in process, I was handled by mas Chandra. He’s super nice and explained everything clearly, thank you. The room was very neat, no dust found. My sister loved it so much. However my parents were a little bit dissapointed with the breakfast for less variants, I fully understand due to current situation. Yet, we all enjoyed the stay till the very end. The checkout was helped by Mba Echa, thank you for the smooth checkout.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2020

I stayed here for business trip and the hotel location was just beside my office. The location was in the city center, close to many restaurants and mall. What I like in this hotel were the swimming pool and the restaurants. There were many choices of restaurant here. The room was old but well maintained.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

It was truly pleasant stay. Went there for a holiday. The hotel located nearby the biggest shopping mall in Surabaya, centrally located in the city make it convenient to visit a lot of place.
The room is big, spacious and bright. Which is rare for the hotel nowadays.
The moment we come into the lobby, the tranquility of resort and the sounds of gamelan music welcoming us. The reception and hotel concierge are helpful and friendly throughout our stay.
The food was really good, I was surprise with the various items offered, the quality and the taste. They offered local/traditional food, and international breakfast. If you would like to try authentic local delicacy, I would strongly suggest to try the hotel buffet (breakfast too).
The coffee shop offered really good coffee, cake and traditional cake. We went to spa and it was really good experience too.
All in all, it was pleasant stay in the hotel.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

Old building but well maintained. Once it was one of the most exclusive hotel in town, since the hotel operator wasn't the Hyatt anymore - it have decreased its services and hospitality. Nowdays, most of the guests are locals travellers in nostalgia trip (like myself) and/or came from the surrounding of Surabaya's city.
Further, the property is having its advantage - which is the serene garden located at the center of the property, with Bali's ambiance and some remarkable statues of the king from the local ancient kingdom. In the evening and with many artificial lighting - this garden is giving the romantic also the majestic ambiance.

Lobby area was smell very relaxing with its lemongrass aromatherapy. This scent have becoming the icon to this hotel. Check in process was a homework for this property, it took time and required a deposit as many of around USD 35 ( IDR 500k) in cash. The receptionist, greeters, also many of other hotel staff those I've encountered were seemed juniors (or trainees), since they were served in basic, like acted by the book that they were read last night before.
The elevator were definetely a downside, still using the previous decades method, by plug in first the room card before press the selected floor's button. Since nowdays, most of hotels are using the card tap method. This was gave difficulty while the car is packed with many hotel guests.
My room was old but very spacious, and preserved well. Rated 4 to 5, it was in tip top condition since it was the old property. But I think the full renovation is a must, to revamp the furnitures - including to change the in-room LCD TV 32. The bathroom was great, provide a nice bathtub also devided shower room and toilet, it was the greatest thing in my room. The soap, shampoo and body lotion were smell very good, but I think will be better if they came with higher quality and stronger parfume.
Like others hotel guests, the Pasar Malam was in my top list to be visit during my stay, but after seen directly, I decided not to went to this AYCE event. Breakfast time was in average, in my opinion the menu was below my expectation, not like many good reviews those I've read before decided to pick this hotel to stay. Many dishes and beverages were tasteless, and the breakfast menu selection was so limited. The only good ones were came to the stalls from the outdoor area, but I think I could get better taste and portion from the street food hawkers in this city.
The coffee shop was ok, offers many traditional cakes and dessert also many selection of local coffee beans. There was a pianist whose performing in the lobby area during the evening, it was great for unwind before going back to the room.
Check out process was promptly but kind of weird moment since I got a letter to my room that mentioned the check out time is strictly at 12 pm. Hmmm... was it necessary to send this letter directly to the guest room?

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple