Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2015

Went here as part of a tour package with 7 of my friends. We had fun, but I would mostly associate that part of my experience to the natural beauty of Indonesia. I enjoyed the sun, the breeze and the excursions (5 stars for the fireflies tour that we had... I'll write a separate review about this.

The accommodations however was a bit of a let down. We stayed in a sea villa. The room was quite spacious. Very spacious. This was perhaps the most spacious room I've stayed in all my travels. It had a king sized bed for two people; but the room would easily fit 2 kind sized beds. The beds were of good quality. Our bed sheets were clean, but one of my friend complained that their had a stain. The breakfast had limited choices. Four dishes - 3 of them were carbs (fried rice and noodles) and the other was fried egg. But quite frankly, I enjoyed this over the other hotel we stayed with as part of the package we took. The other hotel had more variety, but the four dishes that Bintan Sayang had for our breakfast tasted better. They also had some break which you can toast - 2 pieces at a time (on a very old toaster)

Now for the disappointing parts...

The aircon in our room seems new and gives off cold air; however, it is not placed on the correct spot. It cools the hallway between the main door and the bathroom, but the cold air wouldn't go as far as the bed. Its OK in the evening but in the afternoon, my friend had to pull the sofa to the door just so he could get decent air conditioning.

The bathroom was also spacious, but the bathroom floor was wet when I first entered it. I'm not sure if someone used it right before we entered or the cleaners were just lazy to dry them up. The water pressure from the shower head was extremely weak. The pressure on the bidet was stronger. Taking a bath was very difficult. I would have given this resort a 3-stars had they have stronger water. The sink had no counter top for you to place your toiletries. There were some toiletries provided and they were OK.

The resort advertised that they had some free bicycles and kayaks for use. These were also a let down. There were only 4 bicycles so we didn't even bother. There were enough kayak boats for 8 people, but since there were some guests who went ahead of us, only 4 of us got to ride them. The pool was a bit dirty and it had no shade whatsoever... I usually wouldn't mind but Indonesia is quite near the equator.

They had a volleyball court but they had no volley ball when we visited. They said it was broken. Come on, how expensive could a volley ball be that you wouldn't keep a spare!

The place is also quite far from grocery stores, so if you find yourself needing water or some snacks you'll have to make do with their mini market. The prices are very reasonable but the choices are very limited.

Will I come again? Probably, even if I gave this accommodations a poor rating, I would consider coming back... reasonably priced clean rooms. I just wish that they fix their water pressure problem.

Room tip: I got room # 4 and it was in the farthest cabin from the shared facilities. It's a few minutes walk but I actually preferred this one because it was very quiet.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Julius B
Bintan_Sayang, General Manager at Bintan Sayang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Hi Julius,
Allowing us to thank you for supporting Bintan Sayang Resort.

We greatly appreciate your effort in writing review and sharing your experiences with us. We are sorry that your stay with us is not that wonderful and does not meet your expectations.

We have take consideration into the cleanliness of the pool and had worked on it. We have also looked into the water pressure problem.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and we value your feedback and agree that there is always room for improvement for which we promise never to stop trying.

It is guest like you that drive us to do our best.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our resort.
Thank you!

Reviewed 30 December 2014

Room: dark, but spacious. Aircon works well. no wifi. tv has weak signal and only static on the second day. balcony at the back of the room is nice, but this is a shared balcony so it would not be nice if your next door neighbours are not your friends.

Shower: spacious bathroom, very weak water pressure and no hot water. no way to take a shower. requested for another room, but apparently fully booked, but somehow was able to give us a different room for us to shower. toilet liable to clogging.

city tour: did not go as there is not much in town we wanted to see.

massage: did not come on time, and only 1 masseuse turned up. the masseuse was good though.

food: breakfast is simple - fried noodle, fried rice, fried beehoon, toast, tea and coffee. lunch and dinner was good, we took the package deal hence it was all inclusive. we could order shellfish, prawn, sotong, veggies etc. portion size is good and food is tasty.

environment: beautiful, tranquil, not too crowded

pool: i think the water is not chlorinated or only very weakly so as there was no chlorine smell on the skin unlike at usual swimming pools; this breeds bacteria and is unhygienic.

kayak: heavy oars, not so many kayaks

overall: maintenance is obviously lacking, staff is friendly but lacking in initiative in solving problems. although the food is good, i would not come again until the management shows some determination in improving standards at this resort.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank NuttyCheese
Reviewed 29 December 2014 via mobile

Rooms are pretty spacious. Location is great and away from other tourists. Kayaking was fun although there were no life vests the water was only chest deep. The seafood was reasonably priced and there is a great bbq place nearby called warung bakar where you can enjoy awesome bbq food and low prices. Came here with 3 friends. If you are looking for a place to laze around and enjoy a slower pace of life with lesser crowds, do consider this place.

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank Fir07
Reviewed 22 December 2014

i'll make it simple,
i stay with my friends for 2D1N, awesome place, pool ok, room ok, friendly staff, but i disappointed with the restaurant and breakfast, you should improve it and too dark at night, minim light.

thanks a lot

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AyuLesiana
Reviewed 24 November 2014 via mobile

We went as a big group of 12. The resort was almost empty though we stayed over the weekend. As such we get to use e pool and KTV all to ourselves :)
We also went kayaking but it was tiring as the wooden oars were very heavy. A man just passed the life vests and oars and we were totally left on our own! Moreover all the life vests were poorly maintained which is of barely useable condition.
The water heater in the rooms were not working well. There was sand on the floor in my room and in the toilet. There was even a cockcroach in the toilet in my room. The rooms could have been better maintained :(
Food wise it was minimal-fried beehoon, fried noodles, fried rice and fried egg plus bread with kaya n butter for breakfast. The staff even had the breakfast earlier than the guests! So it was not exclusive to the guests.
Transport to town was $8/pax but there was hardly anything to buy there. Dinner at a Chinese restaurant cost SGD30 for a plate of vegetables, fried rice, fried noodles, fried kway teow (all about medium size)! So bring your rupiah n do not use SGD cos they originally quoted us 240,000 rupiah!
It is a nice place but due to poor maintenance and lack of facilities I will not return in the near future.

Date of stay: November 2014