Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I do not generally like to give a negative review unless I feel that I have been led astray by false advertisements. I even took the extra precaution of checking out the photos briefly to check on the quality of this resort.

Apparently they have an excellent photographer who can capture photos and make the place look much nicer than it actually is. First off, the journey from the ferry terminal was really long and painful. We were cramped into a small van which had a sub-par aircon for close to an hour. This has to be a BAD start to a holiday.

The resort quite ok. We had lowered expectations owing to the fact that we had gotten the deal off Groupon. The room was decent, equivalent to a mid range chalet type with the basic facilities such as bar fridge, tv etc.

We decided to go have lunch. Lunch was just rice with a catfish, soup and some vegetables thrown in. It was free and relatively delicious so I would not be complaining. We proceeded to hit the pool which was not bad. The pool looked really out of place as it looked much newer/nicer compared to the rest of the place.

The beach was nothing to shout about. We decided not to try the beach sports as the boats were made of fibre glass and looked like somewhat dodgy. That aside the free kayaking was quite fun and we had a nice time paddling around.

The night was boring to say the least as we had a dinner similar to lunch and headed back to the room for some TV which was shorn of selection and entertainment value. I was already eagerly anticipating the spa package we were going to enjoy the next morning.

Breakfast was sub par with little selection. I was not really complaining as it was part of the package and the previous day’s experience had made me lower my expectations even lower to avoid disappointment.

The spa I have to stay was good. The place was quite tranquil and the staff were really nice. Whatsmore we got a discount as we had booked the package the day before. This was easily the best thing we had experienced before our pilgrimage (see the sarcasm?) back to the ferry terminal.

Overall it was a poor holiday bar the spa. I feel slightly frustrated at having to spend money and weekend time at a poor place. I would have spent the money better else where. To be honest I reckon my office would have been a nicer place to spend the weekend lol.....

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed 19 January 2012

The place is an hour ride from ferry terminal and basically an hour from any decent beach or food places except its own 2 restaurants. Good value and friendly staff are two plus points.
The spa facility is half done, with only cold water to shower. Massage itself is ok, but don't do the body mask or anything require a bath unless you are super robust.

1  Thank yangxy
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed in Bintan Agro Cabana, the sister hotel nearby and the biggest disappointment for us was that we booked this hotel as it advertizes itself on booking site(s) as being in the LAGOI area - where the great beaches and resorts are. The hotel is however at TRIKORA, at a small stretch of sand, with shallow water and no waves. The place is 1.5 hours away from Lagoi! Activities and bike / car hire are overpriced, for motorbike hire 10 SGD/hour, which is more than what you pay in Bali for a full day..... Service also struggles to be mediocre in Cabana, in Agro Beach it is ok. It's a beach and I'd trade it for a day at the office most of the time, but during the stay i couldn't shake the feeling of being cheated.
So my advise:
Spend MORE and visit one of the great resorts in Lagoi,
OR
Spend much LESS and go to a beach a few km further, called TRIKORA 4 (empat. MUCH wider beach and nice waves to play with. And the beach is totally FREE! Accommodation nearby is easy to find, just drive along the coastal road and try a few places and take one you like.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

The location is superb, nice white sands ... Bintan cabana is a nice place to relax and unwind ... I will sure to come back to this place.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

It was a good experience staying in this resort. The people who served us were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and in tip-top shape. Breakfast is good. We also played billiards beside going to the swimming pool. My husband and I had a good massage. We really had a great time at the resort chilling out, spending time together for a weekend.

Date of stay: February 2011