See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I had to stay here because a meeting invitation reason. Room size is a little bit bigger compare to regular one. But the bathroom so small. Breakfast Buffet doesn't have many choices, the salad wasn't complete, but I like the local porridge named "bubur manado".

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights then moved to Sintesa Peninsula Hotel. The hotel was not what it advertised at its website. I couldn't recall for sure which floor was my room, I think it was at 5th floor, an ocean view room. When you walked at the hall, as soon as you off the lift, hot air welcomed you; followed by a feeling as if you were in a horror movie with the soundtrack of Jaw followed your every steps. It was an eerie feeling, the emptiness around you and when you looked down at the abandoned mall downstairs. I was told the building supposed to host a mall and the hotel, unfortunately the mall was never materialized. The room looked sad, ants where everwhere by the balcony. You looked down the balcony, trashes all over the ground, nothing pleasant to see but the blue water beyond. Unfortunately, those trashes kept on nagging for your attention. The AC didn't work well, so so. The staff came to fix it, no improvement. So, I gave up and move to Sintesa.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Rahmat H, General Manager at Lion Hotel & Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear Mrs. Anita S Virginia,

Welcome to our world of Hospitality.

Firstly i would like to thank you for choosing Lion Hotel and Plaza as your first preferred accommodation during your stayed in Manado.

Sincerely apology for your uncomfortable situation that you get during your stayed.
I truly understand that our building concept was designed for a mall from the beginning, and yes, i justify that our building are divided in two part ( Hotel and Plaza ) but unfortunately our Plaza are still on going to be open, soon.

Even so, we are hardly try to keep the warm ambience around our hotel Area.
So far, our costumer and all the staff are never had strange mystically situation at all.
For the air conditioner problem, i do substantiate your comment because we was got problem to our central air conditioner system, but it already fixed by now.
I really appreciate your flowery comment that mentioned with horror metaphor, that i tough it was exaggerate.
Even Though, everything is back again to the vision and expectations of each customer.

I also want to explain about the trashes that you see below the balcony, I affirm that it is not the hotel trashes, but other companies garbage that is located sharply beside our hotel. We also had tried to keep the cleanliness of our hotel area. Even so, we still have limited area that can be reach for the cleanliness process, based on the rights authority of that companies and our hotel.

I really glad and thankful for your valued review, i do believe that we are learned to be better because of it, and hopefully this similar situation will not happen again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I like this hotel because near the sea.In The morning you can run near the beach.The hotel near Mall. The breakfast delicious with variable food. I hope we can check in from hotel because this is lion hotel

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank PUTU D
Rahmat H, General Manager at Lion Hotel & Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Mr. Putu D,

Welcome to our world of Hospitality.

We would like to appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent experience at Lion Hotel & Plaza during your stayed in Manado.

Your positive comments for our location and the variable food, always be our motivation.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I think this hotel need improvement soon. Coridor hotel is smell. Room is dirty and smelly. I found dirty cuttonbut at bathroom window, it's slovenly. Towels is dirty too and old cotton. Reception is not responsive when I came. They were engrossed in conversation with his colleague. It's terrible.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Sofiar A,

Welcome to our world of Hospitality.

I would like to thank you for choosing Lion Hotel and Plaza as your accommodation during your stayed in Manado. Your comments are valuable for us.

Please accept our deeply apologies for the uncomfortable moment in our facilities and services while you stayed.

I am highly concern to make sure that the similar situation would not be happen again.

I thank you for your kind understanding and do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at Lion Hotel and Plaza Manado in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Stayed for 5 nights in the hotel. Main reason was because we need to find a spacious hotel room since we are traveling with young baby. Picked the deluxe room with sea view and indeed the room is very spacious and the view is breathtaking.

However, service was really REALLY bad. Here are some things about it:
>> room was opened when I checked in and it was dirty when we entered the room. Turns out people from maintenance just done some repair in the room and didn't clean up the mess
>> fridge was broken. asked for a new fridge because i needed it to store my breastmilk. New fridge wasn't in a good condition either so I have to get ice cubes to fill in the fridge daily.
>> exhaust fan in the toilet was broken. The smell from the toilet lingers all over the room. Asked for the maintenance to fix it though.
>> phone was broken. Had a lot of trouble to call maintenance/reception to get things fixed. asked for a new phone and it was working well.
>> booked and paid for an extra bed right when we checked in. took them about 4 hours and tons of phone calls to the reception and housekeeping for them to get it to our room. and the hotel was not even packed with guests.
>> politely asked the f&b department if I could bring a bowl of porridge to the room from my (all you can eat) breakfast coupon since everyone else was going church on Sunday and no one could attend the baby in the room. They said that they would charge me about 8 dollars for that one bowl (when I have a coupon of all you can eat breakfast!). And when I looked at the buffet queue, a guest was happily stealing food from the buffet table and put it in food containers. Perhaps the f&b staffs prefer their guests to steal food rather than asking for it politely.
>> clearly and repeatedly asked f&b staffs if they could keep my ice gel packs in a freezer so that when I travel back home, my breastmilk would still in a good condition with my ice gel packs. The next day, I took it back upon check out and they didn't put the ice gel packs in the freezer so (again) I gotta get more ice cubes to fill into my cooler bag.
>> wi-fi didn't work most of the time. Like, it's working for two minutes and then it's gone.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cheilla A

Dear Valuable Guest,

Welcome to our world of Hospitality.

I would like to thank you for your recent stay at Lion Hotel and Plaza Manado.

I do apology for your uncomfortable moment that you get from our late services during your stayed.

Based on your valuable comments, i had investigate, rectify the problem and make the correction to our facilities and services in order to improve our excellent services and to make sure that the similar situation will not happen again in the future.

I hope for your kind understanding and looking forward to welcoming you back at Lion Hotel and Plaza Manado in the near future.