“Smelly Bathroom”
Review of Lion Hotel & Plaza

Lion Hotel & Plaza
Ranked #42 of 48 Hotels in Manado
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

The room is clean, the location is good, the buffet is various (the Manado porridge is very delicious), the service is okay, but a bad smell comes out from the bathroom after taking a shower. The location is close to shopping malls (just a 10 minute walking) and the beach.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I had to stay here because a meeting invitation reason. Room size is a little bit bigger compare to regular one. But the bathroom so small. Breakfast Buffet doesn't have many choices, the salad wasn't complete, but I like the local porridge named "bubur manado".

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights then moved to Sintesa Peninsula Hotel. The hotel was not what it advertised at its website. I couldn't recall for sure which floor was my room, I think it was at 5th floor, an ocean view room. When you walked at the hall, as soon as you off the lift, hot air welcomed you; followed by a feeling as if you were in a horror movie with the soundtrack of Jaw followed your every steps. It was an eerie feeling, the emptiness around you and when you looked down at the abandoned mall downstairs. I was told the building supposed to host a mall and the hotel, unfortunately the mall was never materialized. The room looked sad, ants where everwhere by the balcony. You looked down the balcony, trashes all over the ground, nothing pleasant to see but the blue water beyond. Unfortunately, those trashes kept on nagging for your attention. The AC didn't work well, so so. The staff came to fix it, no improvement. So, I gave up and move to Sintesa.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Rahmat H, General Manager at Lion Hotel & Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear Mrs. Anita S Virginia,

Welcome to our world of Hospitality.

Firstly i would like to thank you for choosing Lion Hotel and Plaza as your first preferred accommodation during your stayed in Manado.

Sincerely apology for your uncomfortable situation that you get during your stayed.
I truly understand that our building concept was designed for a mall from the beginning, and yes, i justify that our building are divided in two part ( Hotel and Plaza ) but unfortunately our Plaza are still on going to be open, soon.

Even so, we are hardly try to keep the warm ambience around our hotel Area.
So far, our costumer and all the staff are never had strange mystically situation at all.
For the air conditioner problem, i do substantiate your comment because we was got problem to our central air conditioner system, but it already fixed by now.
I really appreciate your flowery comment that mentioned with horror metaphor, that i tough it was exaggerate.
Even Though, everything is back again to the vision and expectations of each customer.

I also want to explain about the trashes that you see below the balcony, I affirm that it is not the hotel trashes, but other companies garbage that is located sharply beside our hotel. We also had tried to keep the cleanliness of our hotel area. Even so, we still have limited area that can be reach for the cleanliness process, based on the rights authority of that companies and our hotel.

I really glad and thankful for your valued review, i do believe that we are learned to be better because of it, and hopefully this similar situation will not happen again in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I like this hotel because near the sea.In The morning you can run near the beach.The hotel near Mall. The breakfast delicious with variable food. I hope we can check in from hotel because this is lion hotel

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank PUTU D
Rahmat H, General Manager at Lion Hotel & Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Mr. Putu D,

Welcome to our world of Hospitality.

We would like to appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent experience at Lion Hotel & Plaza during your stayed in Manado.

Your positive comments for our location and the variable food, always be our motivation.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

I think this hotel need improvement soon. Coridor hotel is smell. Room is dirty and smelly. I found dirty cuttonbut at bathroom window, it's slovenly. Towels is dirty too and old cotton. Reception is not responsive when I came. They were engrossed in conversation with his colleague. It's terrible.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Sofiar A,

Welcome to our world of Hospitality.

I would like to thank you for choosing Lion Hotel and Plaza as your accommodation during your stayed in Manado. Your comments are valuable for us.

Please accept our deeply apologies for the uncomfortable moment in our facilities and services while you stayed.

I am highly concern to make sure that the similar situation would not be happen again.

I thank you for your kind understanding and do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at Lion Hotel and Plaza Manado in the near future.