“Awful”
Review of Hotel Elen

Hotel Elen
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lombok
Hotel Elen
Ranked #408 of 554 Lombok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2012

At first glance these rooms looked okay but when you look closer you realise just how vile they are. The bed was covered in stains, our pillows had mould all over them, and the bathroom was horrific. I strongly advise anyone to look elsewhere because these rooms are below average. I asked for towels, bed sheets and toilet roll but rejected every time. The windows didnt shut properly and we could hear everything going on outside.

Room Tip: Don't bother looking.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 February 2012

The room didn't look all that bad on first inspection, but we later discovered stains on the sheet, hidden by the blanket. There were also numerous mosquitoes in the bathroom.
After a hot night under a very inadequate fan, I woke up to discover bites all down one arm and my legs. I'm pretty sure they were caused by bed bugs. The fact that Hotel Elen charges 100,000 per night is laughable.
In my opinion this place should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My bf and I checked this place out, as it suited our backpacking budget. We were quoted 4x the price that it said in the Lonely Planet (during the low season) and this place was hideous. There was literally a broken dirty toilet laying on its side right in front of the door of the room we were shown (which the management wasn't bothered by at all). The bedsheets looked soiled and disgusting and the room featured a chair frame (as in, no seat or back - what's the point?). This isn't the first disgusting hotel we encountered in Indonesia though, nor is this the first time that a place that got a good recommendation in the Lonely Planet upped their prices and stopped cleaning. Avoid like the plague, but don't be surprised if you don't find anything better for the money in Senggigi.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Room bed and bathroom were all filthy.
Not good value for money as not cheap enough to warrent staying in this filth.
Located in the centre of serengiggi, close to restaurants, market etc, but if you stay at a nicer place further out, it only costs $1 by taxi to get in to serengiggi central if you need.
I stayed one miserable night and did not stay for breakfast as did not want to risk eating here.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The rooms are small and basic, which is ok, but absolutely filthy. I identified 4 different kinds of stains on my bed! The bathroom was just as bad, with no flushing toilet, etc. The useless fan made our one night's stay here even more interminable. The breakfast was the only part of the experience that was tolerable: homemade pancakes. I think we paid 120,000 Rupiah, which is a lot for this. For our second night in Sengiggi, we went to a much nicer hotel down the road and paid about 200,000 (not much more), and it was beautifully clean, with towels, and a swimming pool.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends