All reviews pink beach kite spot fresh fish the staff are super friendly surf lessons awesome stay remote location air con nice pool kitesurfing waves boat instructor mitch beaches beginners surfers
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2020

Mitch, Ellen and the rest of the crew have created a super easy happy atmosphere at Ekas Breaks that's hard to beat. If you're into surfing Mitch will plug info on tides, swell size, wind etc into his super-computer surfing brain and take you out to the best spot twice a day. Hit him up for surf lessons - he's been riding waves for almost as long as he can walk. If chilling's more your thing pick a bean-bag and a bit of shady lawn, a lounger by the pool or your room's balcony. Or hang out in the restaurant - good food at a resonable price. Try the vegetarian lasagne with eggplants from the garden. If we'd known how good Ekas breaks was we would have booked a surf camp here. As it was we came for two nights and stayed for a week, Loved it!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank handlethejandal
Reviewed 20 February 2020 via mobile

We travelled with our family a month in Indonesia last stop was Ekas break Resort before flying home. The communication was super on point and when we arrived the welcome was great. We stayed in the family apartment and surfed with Mitch :) while one was floating in the pool with the kids the other one was surfing. No hassle just great. The host Ellen was awesome, super friendly and made our stay the most relaxing on the trip. The whole staff at ekas is super friendly and our kids loved all.

If we return to Lombok this will be our stop :)

Thx for everything :)

Toto & Swantje & Anouk & Milla

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

I booked into it has breaks for one night o I was greeted by the really friendly staff And the place looked amazing i was travelling on my own with my 2 children. from the moment I got there I was made to feel welcome and the kids were off playing with the friendly staff.they miss ash so much even talking about him still
So much to say about this place it was so beautiful and the rooms were big and clean staff are all so friendly.It’s like one big family everyone happy I absolutely loved my time here
Ellen and Mitch who run Ekas breaks were amazing making sure everything ran smoothly everything was organised and the surfing was great and they made it easy to surf every day suiting everyone’s needs as my sons and I were at different levels ... the journey to the break was so fun too and so beautiful Mitch the best guide and coach I’ve come across and his outlook on life and attitude just makes you smile !!!!! I can’t wait to surf here again 2 surfs a day and epic waves was like a dream come true !!! My surfing definitely improved !!!
Not forgetting The food is the best that I had in Lombok by far so so fresh not one thing to complain about and I recommend the fish !!!! Also the veggies sooo fresh
We ended up staying five days instead of one and then left for three days but came back here for the rest of our trip I can’t fault anything here and I think it’s one the best holidays ever....

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 21 January 2020 via mobile

This is my third time visiting Ekas Breaks. I absolutely love the place. The staff are super friendly and with a new surf program kicking of with new starters Mitch and Ellen, things are only looking to get better!

Great place to visit with a group of mates. Solo it can be a bit isolating given the remote location. So keep that in mind. I personally loved the solitude. Wake up, surf, eat, sleep, read, and repeat !

Highly recommend and will be returning again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2019 via mobile

Spent just over two weeks here with a surf group from the UK. The resort is a perfect place to chill whether or not you are surfing. Ellen and Mitch oversee an outstanding operation with some of the most genuinely friendly staff I have ever encountered (thanks to Nur, Ica, Isna, Ronnie and many others - sorry not to have all the names). Great accommodation and excellent food, nice pool and great support from the team for our surf camp.

Whilst we were coached by our own instructors, talking to Mitch left me in no doubt from comments and advice that he’s a very good surf coach should you require his services. The waves on almost empty breaks are consistently good - especially for early intermediates like me.

I upgraded to a suite for additional space and had a wonderful stay.

In summary, relaxed and informal and very very friendly. A wonderful stay.

Date of stay: November 2019