“good oriental pastry”

Said El Abu Lafia and Sons
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Jaffa
Reviewed 27 April 2016

We went to Abu Elafia to buy oriental pastry (the pastry shop is actually at Rehov Yefet No. 11, but they also sell some at No. 7). They have a huge selection of yummy sweet stuff. I brought a big box of sweets home as a present for my parents and they were very pleased about it.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

This place rocks! Really good warm donut. They serve sandwiches, pastries, much more all day and night. Easy location to find. Fast in-and-out or sit and enjoy.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

On the main street of Jaffa,240 years old bakery,since 1879, in special arched building,serves all kinfds of Pita bread,salty,and sweet bakery,,Several branches in Tel Aviv,this one is the real one

Reviewed 8 March 2016

The experience I had was one I wouldn’t wish on anybody. The first waiter grumbled and threw mezza dishes on the table. I waited 15 minutes before I caught the attention of another waiter to get a menu. Another 10 minutes went by before I got the second waiter's attention again to take an order. When I asked why I had to wait so long, it somehow became my fault that I wasn’t aggressive enough. I was then told it was my fault that the first waiter didn’t understand me. He was spoken to in English and Hebrew and all he was asked was if the drink had sugar in it. Why he only spoke Arabic was not my issue, but it may very well have been one for the Immigration. I asked to speak to the manager who wasn’t helpful in the least. For the second time in my 60 years I left a restaurant without eating. For the Mezza dishes which weren’t particularly good it cost me 70 Shekels each for my guest and myself. Initially the manager tried to charge me 140 Shekels each. I never should have paid the 70 Shekels, but all I wanted at that point was to get out and not ruin my evening. To the readers of this review, learn from my experience and take your business elsewhere. Jaffa has many good restaurants, but this isn’t one of them. And from some of these reviews, the owners don't seem to care.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

This is my go to place in Jaffa - huge variety of cheap baked goods and super fresh. Great for breakfast or a snack later in the day. They have the oven going day and night, and if the person behind the counter decides that an item isn't quite fresh enough, they'll throw it back in the wood-fired oven for a couple of minutes to heat it up. Also love the t-shirts "Jews and Arabs refuse to be enemies".