“Average Restaurant”

Aashiana
Ranked #235 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Found this place by accident one day while visiting the area. My boyfriend and I have been searching for a great Indian/Asian restaurant in the area... but this place failed to impress us.

The restaurant is small, and had a very odd smell as if someone left some fruit to rot in the corner or something. They did have some nice music going and the service was very prompt (we were the only people eating-in), though they were not good at remembering to fill our water glasses.

I ordered Chicken Tikka Masala (my favorite dish) and he ordered a spicy Goat Biryani. The chicken tikka masala tasted like a cheesy and salty tomato soup with over cooked chicken and his "spicy" goat biryani was more salty than spicy (even I could eat it, and I cannot tolerate most spicy food). The garlic naan though was perfect.

I should mention that we are picky about Indian and Asian foods (my boyfriend is Indian and we eat those cuisines often). We might visit there again in a pinch, but it really isn't on our "must go again" list.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent food, the best chicken tikka masala that we have had in a very long time. We were there early for dinner and staff were very accomodating to us.

Street parking very convenient to the restaurant.

Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

We visited Albany to see the capitol building and stumbled on Aashiani as we were looking for some place to eat lunch. We had the buffet and found it to be middle-of-the-road Indian food. Nothing we ate really stood out, but it was all decent. Same with the atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

I had the chance to take my son and family to dinner. Aashiana is a family run restaurant with only a few tables. Service was interesting, with appetizers arriving at various intervals, but the entrees arrived together. The quality of the food was first rate, and spices more intense than you would find in a more generic Indian cuisine restaurant. Vindaloo had quite a good zing to it, and all entrees rich and flavorful. A great value for the price.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

I have been going to Aashiana for the past 8 years and the food has always been yummy. Buffets have more variety on the weekends. I like to order from the menu if I am there on a weekday. My all time favorite restaurant. I cannot praise Saleem and his staff for their welcoming and friendliness. I feel at home at Aashiana.

Been to Aashiana? Share your experiences!