“Very good German beer selection”
Review of Wolffs Biergarten

Wolffs Biergarten
Ranked #58 of 714 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 20 August 2017

This is a fairly new place in Troy that has a very laid back attitude with a rustic bar, picnic type tables and lots of free peanuts with the shells all over the floor. The beer is great, the food menu is very limited and you won't be having a hearty German meal here. Its a very small menu and not all that German. The bratwurst was good served, on a roll on a paper plate . So come for a wurst and beer and laugh along with the non German music in the background! A great place to gather and laugh with friends.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We knew it was a bar and the pictures give a good idea of what the place is like, so no surprises really. We wanted to grab food and drinks before a concert. Hubby had the wild boar sausage and I had the schnitzel. Both were tasty. Great selection of German biers! I always choose dark so I had the Spaten Optimator and it was excellent. There was soccer on the TV's and one screen had golf. There was music too, polkas mixed in with contemporary. Crowd was mixed but mostly younger. SIngles, couples, and at least one family. Darts being played at one point. We enjoyed it.... I'd go back!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

And go if you don't mind LOUD everything - conversation, TV. Was looking forward to a German meal we had in the past but disappointing to see the menu was pared down to basically pub selections. You know, those to whet your appetite enough to order another drink. My wurst was good; served on a buttered, grilled roll. The schnitzel sandwich was OK, the fries crisp. The red cabbage and German mashed potatoes were the stars of the meal. If you don't want to be a part of the bar scene or are of the older sect, chance another place. I know we will the next time we are in the Albany area.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I went with colleagues after work for happy hour. Had never been before, but had heard people rave about it. It's a sports bar, so much louder with the addition of several TVs playing on top of the noise of customers talking and perhaps even music playing? It was a little too over-stimulating for my taste. The floor is full of peanut casings, as they keep a basket of peanuts in the center of each table for people to share, and you just throw your shells on the floor. I'm in my 40s and wasn't super impressed with the ambiance (if you want to call it that).

As for the beer, I love porters and stouts, so ordered the darkest beer they had on the menu. To my disappointment, it was bitter and I didn't really care for it. So I just drank it up and stayed around to chat with colleagues. Many had food and raved it was good (and it did looks/sound good on the menu), but I didn't order any food.

I would say this is a great location for college students (of age!) and people in their 20s. Otherwise, I think I may have aged out of this bar-bracket.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

We stopped here for lunch on our way home from a weekend away and were pleased with our experience. They have a HUGE beer selection on tap along with some cocktails and wines. They have a pretty good selection of food and all that we had was great. The bartender was very nice and helpful, but our order came out wrong (no veggies on our burger, no fries with the burger). He apologized and got us some fries, other than that, all was well. The brauts were very good and the mac and cheese was to die for. We'd definitely return if we were in the area!