“Hard for Me to Review Fairly”
Review of Wolffs Biergarten

Wolffs Biergarten
Ranked #66 of 752 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 5 October 2017

CASH ONLY

Hard for me to review. I was expecting a place for good beers and sausages, After all, they do call themselves a biergarten and wursthaus. Looking for dinner. A rather noisy sports bar with no real dinner menu. Wursts on offer are a hotbdog, a brat, and a "cheddarwurst"? Lots of brunch stuff on waffles. Had some bland jalapeño poppers.

Friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful bartender.

Nice selection or European beers on tap, pleasant if noisy, but not a place to go to eat dinner. Beers and snacks.

Will I go back? No, because I was looking for a biergarten and a selection of wursts and kraut dinner. But for 20-somethings looking for beers and a good time with friends, I would give it a try.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Peanut shells on the floor, loud soccer games on the monitors, local enthusiasts at the bar featuring at least 25 different brews, neighborhood sparrows looking for handouts at the outdoor picnic table. It's in a gritty neighborhood, but the food is nicely prepared by friendly staff....and of course there are half a dozen varieties of wild game sausage including, elk, pheasant, venison, boar.....

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This is a fairly new place in Troy that has a very laid back attitude with a rustic bar, picnic type tables and lots of free peanuts with the shells all over the floor. The beer is great, the food menu is very limited and you won't be having a hearty German meal here. Its a very small menu and not all that German. The bratwurst was good served, on a roll on a paper plate . So come for a wurst and beer and laugh along with the non German music in the background! A great place to gather and laugh with friends.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We knew it was a bar and the pictures give a good idea of what the place is like, so no surprises really. We wanted to grab food and drinks before a concert. Hubby had the wild boar sausage and I had the schnitzel. Both were tasty. Great selection of German biers! I always choose dark so I had the Spaten Optimator and it was excellent. There was soccer on the TV's and one screen had golf. There was music too, polkas mixed in with contemporary. Crowd was mixed but mostly younger. SIngles, couples, and at least one family. Darts being played at one point. We enjoyed it.... I'd go back!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

And go if you don't mind LOUD everything - conversation, TV. Was looking forward to a German meal we had in the past but disappointing to see the menu was pared down to basically pub selections. You know, those to whet your appetite enough to order another drink. My wurst was good; served on a buttered, grilled roll. The schnitzel sandwich was OK, the fries crisp. The red cabbage and German mashed potatoes were the stars of the meal. If you don't want to be a part of the bar scene or are of the older sect, chance another place. I know we will the next time we are in the Albany area.

Been to Wolffs Biergarten? Share your experiences!