“Good beer and great German feeling”
Review of Wolffs Biergarten

Wolffs Biergarten
Ranked #58 of 706 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Overall they have a nice beer selection and the atmosphere is very vibrant with flags all over the. Place and peanut shells on the floor. Not a place for a fancy dress. It gets packed on weekends but I was here on a weekday so it was nice and quiet. Cash only so be prepared!

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Came all the way to Albany to try this place. It was very quiet when I came in on a Tuesday, around 12:30 or so for lunch and a beer. They do have veggie wursts for the non-meat eaters. I ordered the currywurst w/fries, and a side of sauerkraut. Kraut was excellent- just ate it straight. Currywurst wasn't Munchen's but was still good. Spaten Oktoberfest on tap in March was worth the trip alone. Bar tender (also possible owner?) was friendly.

The restaurant is Cash Only, but so many places where I'm from are, so it wasn't very different for me. I'm sure many Albany locals who aren't used to small town businesses would feel inconvenienced about having to walk ALL the way to the ATM next to the restroom.

Will definitely be back next time I come to Albany.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Looking for a new spot to watch soccer, my son and I decided to check out Wolff's. We're both glad we did. Cool old building with some great German flags outside. Very rustic and authentic decor and vibe, without coming across as a hipster joint. Very low key crowd and bartender when we arrived for lunch. Both of us enjoyed the peanuts and probably demolished a couple of pounds--we left sizable shell piles on the floor. I opted for the tall Spaten Oktoberfest which was outstanding, and then later had a small Franziskaner. Wolff's German beer selection is outstanding. The food choices, while pared down, offered enough variety that we both easily found something. I had the Wurst platter with some of their wild game Wursts, and my son tried some of the apps. Everything was simple but very high quality. I also appreciate that they have multiple games on all the time, and will text you their football schedule.
Wolff's is a non-pretentious oasis in a wasteland of hipster bars without even trying. We will be back. Prost!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

CASH ONLY

Hard for me to review. I was expecting a place for good beers and sausages, After all, they do call themselves a biergarten and wursthaus. Looking for dinner. A rather noisy sports bar with no real dinner menu. Wursts on offer are a hotbdog, a brat, and a "cheddarwurst"? Lots of brunch stuff on waffles. Had some bland jalapeño poppers.

Friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful bartender.

Nice selection or European beers on tap, pleasant if noisy, but not a place to go to eat dinner. Beers and snacks.

Will I go back? No, because I was looking for a biergarten and a selection of wursts and kraut dinner. But for 20-somethings looking for beers and a good time with friends, I would give it a try.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Peanut shells on the floor, loud soccer games on the monitors, local enthusiasts at the bar featuring at least 25 different brews, neighborhood sparrows looking for handouts at the outdoor picnic table. It's in a gritty neighborhood, but the food is nicely prepared by friendly staff....and of course there are half a dozen varieties of wild game sausage including, elk, pheasant, venison, boar.....

Been to Wolffs Biergarten? Share your experiences!