“Excellent Thai...cost?? Hmmm...”

Capital Thai
Ranked #122 of 752 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I just placed an order for take out for the Nom Tok salad to go as I have many times except this time is was $30? There menu says it is $7.95? I added the addition of brown rice x 2 for roughly $3...not quite sure how two salads with two brown rice equals $30....we might have to find another place next time around, to expensive for salad.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

I used to have another favorite Thai restaurant, but this place has way better food and drinks. We have been here during the workweek on lunch hour and always greeted by the same woman, who seems to be the only one managing the entire floor. It's always packed but you get great service. She if very friendly and attentive and gets food to us fast. I love the Thai Iced Tea-- the vague sweetness complements the spicy noodles with scallops I always get. And these are no dinky scallops either; they are diver's scallops but at a reasonable price. The seaweed salad is great, too.

Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Went there after a movie at Crossgate
We had the pad thai and spicy tom yum goong (a little sweet). The steamed vegetables were fresh and nicely cooked
Also had the stir fried ground chicken with basil and chili, it has a kick to it and very tasty with white rice
We also ordered some tempura, tasty too!
The portions were huge, we had to take away half of them

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We stopped at Capital Thai recently for dinner. It is in a small strip mall near Westgate Plaza on Central Avenue. We tried the chicken and cashews and the red curry chicken. Both were very good. Our server was very friendly and helpful. The whole place needed a good spring cleaning.

1  Thank Bourlingueur60
Reviewed 9 September 2016 via mobile

Capital Tai is a simple restaurant with a good Tailand food. It is a good place to go Lunch or Dinner and the prices are completely accessible. During my visit the server present good attention to everyone in the restaurant, including me. The food was taste, one of the best Thailand food I ever tast.

1  Thank Felix Q