“Authentic thai food with thai owner ”
Review of Kinnaree

Kinnaree
Ranked #283 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We came for lunch. First I doubted about the taste as it's mix of Japanese thai Korean food ! But when I eat all Korean and thai food taste great. Just need to be careful about the spice .

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

I have gone there 1/2 dozen times over the past 3 years
Went this evening and was disappointed
Ordered appetizers and entrees
Appetizers we ordered were both unavailable. One was avocado and the other shrimp.
Had only white not brown rice
Hot stone bowel had much less to it then in the past and was not accompanied by the tiny plates with traditional Korean foods
Disappointed

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Ordered takeout for two. Red shrimp curry and a chicken ginger stir-fry. Both dishes were extremely tasty (just enough zing in the curry and the ginger stir-fry was very flavorful). My only complaint is that the "takeout" rice portions were very small. We had leftover curry with nothing to eat it with. Otherwise, yummy food for a really good price!

1  Thank schust2016
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

We showed up at 11:30 am unannounced and there were 9 of us. Our server never lost her cool or her pleasant demeanor. Even when we asked for separate checks! We waited a while for the food but that was expected. I ordered the pineapple fried rice because I had seen a picture of it online served in a pineapple half, but that must be the dinner version. And the pineapple was from a can.
But my teammates didn't wimp out like I did and they were all happy with their genuine Thai or Korean served in a hot stone bowl which they highly recommend.
If I was a Thai junkie like my coworker I would frequent this place, but it's not really my cup of tea.. And the jasmine tea was delicious.

1  Thank rosetucci
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Mediocre I guess? They have a mix of Thai, Korean, and Japanese. I got Pad Thai and the chicken was so dry I just picked it out and set it aside. Waitstaff were nice, but the food was really unremarkable. There are certainly better places in the Capitol area to go if you are craving Asian food.

1  Thank Katarina00

Been to Kinnaree? Share your experiences!