“Great food and music”

Ranked #23 of 707 Restaurants in Albany
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Trying to find a place to eat late on Sunday night in Albany is not easy. We tried McGeary's hoping to find at least some decent bar food. What we found was an excellent place to dine! The portions are over-the-top generous - the hot turkey dinner could have easily fed us both. The chicken parmesan was excellent too. Good quality meat in both dishes. Our only disappointment was that they were out of the fish and chips but it was 9 pm on a Sunday evening. We enjoyed the blues band playing in the back of the dining room/bar. It's a great place to get a drink and listen to music.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I have been here several times and have always had good food and a great place to hang out with family and friends. They have excellent wings and a good selection of beer.

1  Thank 2014Melanie2014
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Mcgeary's is a great place to go for a bite before a show at the Palace. It's right across the street and the burgers and drinks are perfect.

2  Thank 227jayb
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I never used to frequent McGeary's. I just thought it was another over-rated Albany dive which has been glorified by locals like myself who used to sneak in there in high school and now can tell you when they changed the pizza recipe. Not so. I deliberately DIDN'T visit McGeary's for some years basically because I just lost my taste for bars with pubgrub. I played in a really busy bar band for about 10 years...so you know...you grow tired of it. Well - let me say. Check this place out. I would bring people from out of town here. My opinion has been totally changed about this place. It's high-ranking bar with RESTAURANT food, not pub grub. They take pride in their food, and should. The burgers are out of this world, the wings are great, and yes - they have a larger food selection unique to them. While you can still get pub grub for decent prices, you can treat yourself to a better food selection and great service. The service is Git'er done. They get ya done quick. Great beer selection. Decent prices.

2  Thank andrew w
Reviewed 6 June 2016

McGeary's is a very standard pub with a standard menu--but is somehow so much more than that. Their beer selection is great and they have a lovely outdoor space that is set back from the road. On Sunday's during football season, it's Bills territory, and they often have events in their outdoor space out front. Tess the owner is like a stern mom who just wants to make sure you're ok and having a good time--but cross her at your own peril!

1  Thank Lauren B

Been to Mcgeary's? Share your experiences!