“Excellent value lunch and good service”

Hokkaido Asian Bistro
Ranked #161 of 701 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 24 June 2016

Dropped in for lunch as my wife fancied Asian food, fantastic value and good service
We selected the lunch combo comprising of miso soup, green salad and the lunch in the box specials (one a steak teriyaki the other a curry). Service was friendly and pretty quick, well worth the top tip.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

My co-worker and I ordered delivery from Hokkaido on a Monday. The food can only be described as so delicious, satisfying and attractive. I ordered Shrimp & Vegetable Tempura and my colleague the Filet Mignon Hibachi Luncheon Special. It arrived hot, very well packaged and outrageously good! We just ordered a 2nd time and my colleague was hosting a prospective client and she ordered the Filet Mignon Hibachi and the prospective client the Salmon Hibachi. He raved about how good it was. All 3 times they arrived within the expected window of time. Several of us are planning to go for dinner and a drink. If the delivery was any indication, the dinner will be even better, if that is possible.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

We stopped here base on the reviews for some sushi before a show. First none of the plates, dishes, spoons or little sauce containers matched, not bad but weird. No draft beer even though its on the menu.

The gyoza were perhpas the worst ive ever had, mushy and almost sour in flavor. The shrimp tempura roll had a big section of rotten lettuce rolled into it and the fryed sections tasted of really old fry oil. The special roll we got was a little fish and a lot of mayo with a spicy mayo on top that was nearly all mayo and no spicy. Finally the pad thai was super over cooked and basically a pile of mush.

I reccomend seeking sushi elswhere if your in Albany.

Reviewed 25 September 2015 via mobile

My brother and I were headed to another Japanese restaurant in the area when my brother spotted Hokkaido. A quick check of Trip Advisor gave it a thumb's up. I had the sashimi lunch and he had the shrimp tempura lunch. Both were very good. Don't be scared off if there are only a few people there, I don't know why.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Good parking, nice selection. I enjoyed the sushi and sashimi combo with nice miso soup and cool salad. Nice staff and clean restaurant, would recommend trying....

Been to Hokkaido Asian Bistro? Share your experiences!