“GREAT MEAL AFTER 7 HOUR DRIVE”
Review of Caffe Italia

Caffe Italia
Ranked #4 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I visit Saratoga springs for the horse races every August I live 7 hrs away and made it a point to have dinner here tonight. Great old fashion Italian food.Hard to get reservations but now have tables outside. So you can get in. I was lucky to get in tonight. I have eaten here for about 10 years.Pasta is to die for. The veal is great.The portions are hugh so you will need a doggie bag. Service is outstanding. I am picky about my food, so that you can tell how much I love this place. Enjoy

1  Thank Thomas K

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We've lived in the Capital District for over 35 years but have never visited this restaurant. Over the years, I had heard from friends that it is the best Italian restaurant in the area but we never had an opportunity to go. We ended up going because a friend was having a birthday celebration and it is his favorite restaurant.

My friend recommended that I try a veal dish so I chose the Veal Luciana which has prosciutto and mozzarella over pounded veal. It was absolutely amazing. My wife chose the veal chop special and her meal was delicious too. The side dish of angel hair pasta comes served with either a marinara sauce or oil and garlic. I chose the oil and garlic and it was probably the best pasta I have ever had. It was perfectly cooked and so good.

We will definitely be going back to Caffe Italia even though it's a bit of a drive for us from Saratoga Springs.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I love Italian food and have been to most of the Italian restaurants in the Capital District. Cafe Italia is a great place for a celebration dinner. 2-6 people. Service is excellent, as is the food. They have some great specials , gorgangola salad, a gorgangola mushroom ravioli along with traditional Italian favorites.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The food is amazing - fave place to eat in Albany! I recommend to anyone traveling to Albany - make a reservation and go!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

A friend told us about this restaurant being the best Italian in Albany. Even though we have lived here forever, we had never tried it. We went there for my birthday and it was even better than I thought it would be. It is a small restaurant with no bar, no waiting area and you definitely want to make reservations before you go. Michael, our server, was unbelievable. The food was outstanding....all of us had veal dishes and it was soooo tender and good. For dessert we ordered key lime pie which was brought out by a different server, Michael saw this and went back and brought me out a small canoli with a birthday candle and they sung happy birthday to me. We will definitely go back. The only downside that I could see is that it was fairly noisy, not unexpected in a small place.

Been to Caffe Italia? Share your experiences!