“Great pizza”

Pizzeria Sapienza
Ranked #104 of 701 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I'm particular when it comes to pizza. This place came recommend to me and I decided to try it out. Pizza tasted great. Reasonably priced. It is definitely a busy place, especially during peak times. Even so, things moved pretty​ quickly. If you're​ not walking, parking could be a bit of an inconvenience but it's downtown so that is to be expected. Would recommend!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Other reviewers are correct. The pizza is much above the average in Albany, but the place has that bus terminal vibe..."Bus for Cleveland now boarding gate 9!" Sure...grab a table and try to enjoy that nice big slice...Loys a luck...It figures one of the few good pizza places in Albany would be located in this twilight zone near the TU.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Great pizza, huge slices, great prices. Chicken bacon ranch was excellent crust crispy. We before a concert at times union center located next door on the corner.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Pizza was good. The only thing, the place looked a little bit sketchy. We got a couple of slices to go because the tables were filled up and it was small inside. Slices tasted great!!

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Ok so this place was recommended when I inquired about "good pizza" as a native Manhattan girl. I love pizza but a trip to an old Pizza shop in Spanish Harlem (Ray's Pizza) left me feeling extra picky about where to get pizza upon my return to the Captial District.
I've been here 3 times since being told about it (yesterday bring the 3rd) and the taste/quality of the pizza remained the same. That's a great sign. The crust wasn't too soft, has some crunch to it but not burnt. The cheese always stretched while eating (good sign) and the pizza was always fresh (hasn't appeared to have been there all day). Lol okay, I'm done now.