“Nothing special”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Had an hour to kill before going to the movies so we thought we'd try Chili's since we've never been there before. Menu was very basic with the same kind of dishes you would find at Applebees or Ruby Tuesday. I had the Oldtimer burger with cheese. It was prepared nicely and had good taste. The wings were average and not very large. My wife choose the Fajita with steak. It was a small portion with not many pieces of steak. I did like the fact that you can pay your bill right at the table. Service was good.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

This place was just down the road from our motel, so it was very convenient. We weren't hungry enough to have a full meal, so we opted for their triple dipper sampler plate to share. Everything on it was excellent and the three different dips were great! It was the perfect choice for us! Their all day two for one Happy Hour also hit the spot! Our server Danielle N. was so nice!

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My son is a great fan of ribs and Chili's delivered once again on this front. My wife really enjoyed her burger and the service was average considering how busy the restaurant was.
However, the chips (fries) were VERY salty and this took the edge off our overall enjoyment of the meal/evening.
Good location on Wolf Road though, just off the interstate.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

You will go home hungry.

10 Years Ago

I used to go to Chili’s on Wolf Road all the time with my friends on Friday night after work about 10 years ago. I would always get the Chipotle Burger that was a good sized burger topped with thick bacon slices, breaded onion straws, jalapeno slices, cheese, lettuce, tomato and sauce. It was awesome. They used to also give you a pretty good helping of french fries as well (10 years ago). Sometimes it would be a challenge to finish my meal, and I’m a big guy.

Today

In 2017 you get a pathetically small burger on an artisan bun with regular bacon and half of the toppings they used to give you. And the sides? They give you a little cup of fries about the size of a child’s sippy cup. For crying out loud, potatoes are one of the cheapest vegetable you can buy in bulk. They gave me a nickels worth of potatoes in that meal. For $15 I would have been better off going to Burger King and could have had twice as much food for the money. They got very greedy. I left that place still hungry and very disappointed.

The Service

The waitress was ok. Not super friendly, but I really can’t judge her, since I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets a lot of complaints from unhappy customers all the time.

Overall

You are better off going to Five Guy’s in the Colonie Mall down the road or going to the Texas Road House a little further up the road or just going to a Burger King.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

It’s rush hour on Wolf Road and I decide I rather spend this time eating than stuck on stop and go traffic. Wouldn’t you?

We pulled into Chili’s thinking we might have to sit at the bar for a while (Don’t mind that), but we were seated right away.

Our server, Tito, a personable young man was very pleasant and efficient throughout without rushing us.

With drinks delivered quickly, we ordered the Texas cheesy fries, loaded boneless wings and an order of guacamole – All were great.

Entrees included the chicken and waffles, ultimate bacon cheeseburger and classic ribeye. Burger was juicy, ribeye tender and the chicken had a spicy sauce that was a great complement.

In all, the food was good but I’m writing this to thank the server for a great experience.

1  Thank Pelayo R

Been to Chili's Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!