“Hole in window”

Ramada Plaza Albany
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Other than the hole that was in our window (..looked like a gunshot but was told it was "warping" due to the cold weather they get. I have been in a lot of hotels for hockey in very cold areas and have never seen this.) It was clean.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thank you for your review. we will address all of our guests concerns in order to maintain the satisfaction level desired by our customers!

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Albany

Reviewed 23 February 2012

i can't emphasize enough how great my stay was at this hotel the price is incredibly resonable, the location is not the best and we got lost on the first try because we were not told about the Avenue" Extension" but the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. literally! Kudos to that complimentary breakfast and how clean everything was at breakfast time in the restaurant, i must say great job to management and all of the staff from the time i checked in with the very pleasent and professional young lady named melissa who seemed very eager to please but showed everyone the courtesy of timely attention. all around the shuttle service the drivers the housekeepers the servers the bedsssss! The Ramada has my vote i will most def stay again and again and spread a good word, even after arriving home exausted i felt the need to review them right away.

great job! and thank you for the refreshing service

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you, We are glad you had a good nights rest. As we near finishing the upgrade of all our beds we hope everyone will get a great nights rest!!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for about 2 years now, 2-3 time a year when I travel to Albany on business. The changes that have taken place since I stayed here last are night and day. I don't know what is going on, but they are definitely on the right track!!! The breakfast is great, they even have home fries now. I am looking forward to my next trip to Albany, I highly recommend anyone that needs to stay in Albany, NY to stay here. A reasonable price hotel with excellent service, amenities and a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank A K
Reviewed 14 February 2012

First off this hotel is in great need of updating. The hotel is clean, the room I had was clean. The internet worked well and the breakfast in the morning was good. The staff at the front desk was great. We called from the airport for the free shuttle and they said it was not available right then but told us to take a cab and we would be reembursed. This was really a nice touch. The value in this hotel to me is that they give a free shuttle to the hotel from the airport or train station and then back to the airport or train station in the morning. Cabs in Albany are a complete rip off and should be avoided at all cost.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snuffycats
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Let me first begin like I do with all of my reviews of hotel properties. I am a very easy person to please; furthermore, I rarely feel the need to complain about anything (even when majority of people would) Basically, I have a very high tolerance when it comes to not being "satisfied" when staying at a hotel. The main reason for my attitude is the multiple years I myself spent in the hospitality field.. Furthermore, I do not think the general public has a clue about what it takes to run a hotel and majority of the time when they are not pleased about something they either go about resolving the manner in far to aggressive of a way or bite the head off of an employee who has absolutely no control or responsibility regarding the specific problem/ issue at hand.

Let me first state that the only thing this property has going for it is the front desk staff. Sadly, I feel terrible for them because they have to deal with the brunt of the guests complaints due to the complete neglect of the property manager and whoever is above that person.

To get short and right to the point! Do NOT stay at this property. It is a health hazard and should not only lose the corporate flag, but be shut down until a complete inspection is done on the ENTIRE property. When I checked into this property, as stated it was an ideally pleasant process. I was set up by my company with this property and after traveling 12 hours I did not do anything but hit the bed the minute I walked into my room. Upon waking up, I had decided to order some delivery from a local wing place. After placing my order, I figured I had enough time to shower and this is where it all went downhill... As I stepped into the shower and went to bend down to turn on the water all I saw was mold! And when i say mold I am not referring to a small amount! I am referring to a SERIOUS SERIOUS health risk!! (as seen in the pictures I am posting) After calling the front desk I was switched rooms; however, I demanded someone come up and actually see what I was observing and damn near vomiting from. As he arrived he did exactly what I would have wanted an employee to do when I managed a hotel. However, his response was "I am sending someone to clean it up now" REALLY!! Clean it up??? This was not a "bleach" solution! The walls need to be ripped down and thoroughly inspected! Mold even with the proper procedures is never easy to wipe out nor should it be taken lightly as it can cause severe affects to a person years down the road! Will this actually be done? Who knows? However, I would think that one could actually go after the "health inspectors" as well as the city of Albany for complete negligence pertaining to their lack of demanding the hotel resolve the issue and close the doors until this is done! Furthermore, this is not a COSMETIC problem! It is far more serious! (as seen in the pictures I am going to post). I was repulsed, shocked, and outright disgusted. I could type another 100 adjectives to describe the outrageously ill conditions of this property, but I would prefer not to waste your time nor mine.

Lastly, the room I was transferred to was better than the original room, but considering what was going on I don't think it is saying that much. This property is a true example of what NOT to do when you run a hotel. The sad thing is they have the privilege of flying a "Ramada Corporate Flag" which that in itself will attract future guests and influence their decision to stay here based on the fact 99% of these chains are far more superior; moreover, abide by the standards handed down by corporate in order to call themselves part of the "Ramada" chain. I personally am at such a loss of words that I am taking it beyond Trip Adviser and am sending a personal letter with included pictures at my own cost to every high up representative that is in the corporate offices. Furthermore, I will be contacting my management who I work for which provides LOTS of business to this company as a whole letting them know what I went through and why no one should be put in a situation where their safety is at risk!!

Note* Terrible rating regarding service has nothing to do with front desk employees. I just cannot give anything better due to the sheer principle. Once again, front desk staff was A+ and this problem is far out of their pay grade!

Room Tip: What a tip! You would be better sleeping in a pile of rat droppings than staying in this hotel prope...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Brandon B
Jeffrey C, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

We take great pride in cleanliness and customer satisfaction. I can understand a guests concern, but I want to reasure you this is not mold. There are a few leaky tub drains that we are in the process of fixing and we are replacing the faucets. The water is very hard up here and will cause this on the downspouts.