“Quality Sushi where It's unexpected, the New York State Capital”

Kuma Ani Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 June 2017

On a recent trip to Albany, I ate at their food court and food, service and quality were abundantly there. I chose one of my Asian favorites.
I'd walked around the food court, and headed towards the sushi. Too often, some restaurants local to me are simplifying their sushi. Kuma Ani has not changed the recipe. The fresh Alaska roll and Spicy Tuna roll are a preference when I see the fish is fresh. I wasn't disappointed. All other items on their menu looked as excellent.
If I need to visit the capital again, I won't forget this location and another favorite elsewhere. You'll have to visit to find your favorite. You are not short changed in your selection.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff people, good atmosphere and good fish. They could definitely do without the colored LED lights decorating some of the dishes, however. It makes things seem a bit tacky.
Liked the long wooden benches with little throw pillows. Very good shrimp tempura, and yellowtail. Definitely worth more than one visit here.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We recently met friends at Kuma Ani for dinner and had another wonderful meal. The $21 sushi special is really a good deal. This is as good as anything you will find in New York City. The staff is very friendly and we always love to eat here. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 4 February 2017

This is one of our favorite Albany restaurants. The cooks and servers are professional and very nice. We are regulars and the wait staff have our favorites memorized so it feels very homey to visit. Child-friendly and foodie-friendly. What more can you want!

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

First time here....had the $15 all you can eat sushi lunch sitting at the bar. Excellent quality (and of course quantity). For the price they excluded some of the more expensive fish, such as yellowtail, which is understandable. A good selection of non-sushi appetizers such as chicken katsu and vegetable tempura was included in the price, for you to choose from (you mark your choices on the all you can eat order sheet, using a new order sheet each round). There was enough variety of nigiri sushi and rolls to satisfy and everything was well made and tasty. They did not stinge on the amount of fish either (that is, the proportion of fish to rice was fine). Green tea was priced very reasonably and the servers were very attentive in refilling our cups. Great experience - will definitely be back!