“THE KIND OF PLACE THAT MAKES YOU FEEL AT HOME!”

The French Press Cafe & Creperie
Ranked #7 of 14 Dessert in Albany
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Being back in my home town, I'm getting to know the area again and find these little nooks here and there, where there are places like The French Press Cafe that simply make you feel like you are on vacation. A home away from home. I've been to 48 states and definitely have been to multiple coffee shops. Heck I have even managed a coffee shop out in Taos NM. and I must say, this place is remarkable. The service is excellent, the coffee is fantastic (probably because of the french press lol) and the baked goods are divine. This is a place WORTH STOPPING at and taking a moment to enjoy yourself. I promise you'll be glad you did!!! ENJOY!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I absolutely love this place! The coffee is great and their crepes are great! Nice selection too, it's not just one or two crepes and that's it! They've got like ten or twelve options! Always get the breakfast potatoes, they're so good! They've got a nice atmosphere, are clean and have plenty of room! Including outside seating! Right in the heart of downtown Albany, right across from the palace theater, it's well worth the stop! I will always recommend this place :)

1  Thank TheNerdyMonkey
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We stopped in on our way upstate. It was a holiday, President's Day, and most businesses were closed. But, on our way back to the thruway, we spotted this charming cafe and quickly decided to try it.
My family of four enjoyed brunch here, an egg sandwich, two breakfast burritos, and the Cuban sandwich. We also had coffee and a latte. Everything was fresh and delicious.
This restaurant is a gem, a must-visit if you're in the area.

1  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 30 January 2017

$14 for a crepe, are you kidding me? No thank you. I don't remember what I ordered, but it was a savory. I asked them to add one extra topping which turned it into a "build your own" where you get charged by the topping. Yikes! When I questioned the woman behind the counter about it, she was matter of fact and not at all remorseful or accommodating to my displeasure at that arrangement. In the end, the crepe was tasty, but far from $14 worth of tasty. Keep trying, folks!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

This place is authentic and have a large crepe menu, a build your own crepe menu and other items. I ordered their Banana Foster crepe with vanilla bean ice cream and breakfast potatoes. Everything was so good and even better, is authentic! My husband and I shared this meal, paid around thirteen bucks and was plenty of food for both of us. Though we don't eat like pigs, making this even more of a great deal! The interior is very nice, very clean and they have indoor seating. I would definitely recommend coming here! Forget ihop, eat at a nice, authentic and local restaurant with real people and real food made with love :)