“Great Ramen - cozy location”

Tanpopo Ramen and Sake Bar
Ranked #36 of 747 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We arrived early on a Friday before the lines started to form. Its a small, cozy location - kind of reminds me of restaurants I have visited in Tokyo where space is always at a premium. We started with the Gyoza and the Steam buns with duck. The Buns were wonderful - a nice change from the typical with more of a sandwich/taco build up. The duck was crispy and tasty. We had a variety of Ramen - veggie, the duck, pork tonkotsu and I had the spicy curry special. The curry flavor was amazing and it was not lacking for heat either. They were really great about being flexible for what veggies my son wanted in his curry (and giving the mushrooms to my wife :). Good selection of beers / cider and friendly staff. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I thought this place was great! Nice little spot, comfortable (spacious), waitress was very informative and easy to talk to. The food was great and reasonably priced. The serving size of what we got was plenty for us to share one plate. Can be a nice cheap lunch if you don't get alcohol (alcohol always adds up quick no matter where you go!) I recommend giving this place a try.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Great ramen, looks ghetto but well worth it plus service was on point:)
Server was well attentive and nice. Place looks shabby but is actually really cute it's very easy to miss judge this place.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Delicious Ramen. We started with the crab Rangoon and veggie dumplings. Next, we enjoyed the seafood special for dinner.

Great presentation and delicious food! The train car restaurant itself wasn't the cleanest but the tables were well maintained. Would definitely try again!

1  Thank Stephanie W
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Phenomenal friendly service. I did not have much time so I called in and got my ramen to go. Jess was a pleasure on the phone and suggested the Tanpopo spicy ramen which was delicious. I added an egg which unfortunately was a bit overcooked but the overall flavors were amazing and I couldn't be ONG myself to knock off any stars for one egg.. The atmosphere is delightfully strange, it is in the hat appears to be an old diner, definitely the strangest ramen location I've seen. I will definitely return.