All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskindoor and outdoor poolswolf roadroom servicerestaurant staffbusiness hoteldecent hotelbreakfast buffetclose to the airportfitness centereasy accessroom was largebusiness tripshopping and restaurantsbed was comfortableexercise room
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I have always found the full service Marriott Hotels to be a step above and this was certainly an exception. Everything just seemed very worn and the restaurant facilities were the worst. Needed assistance with bags at check-in, but my wife and I ended up carrying them ourselves when we couldn't get a bell person to assist. The front desk staff was almost robotic - pretending to be welcoming, but failing badly in sincerity.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GrandpaTuba
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I booked this hotel for a business visit. The rooms was on Concierge Level giving access to complementary breakfast in the Concierge Lounge. The room was spacious with eclectic interiors.

The service was exceptional. The staff went out of their way to help me print some documents at late in the night.

I am a vegetarian. It was a pleasant surprise to find vegetarian options in the late night service menu. During the morning walk, I had a chance to go around. The only negative point was its proximity to the airport. Food quality was good.

Overall a standard mariott experience with exceptional service quality.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I have stayed here many times on business since the early 1990s, but haven't been to this hotel much in the last 5 years because I don't get to Albany much anymore. I like the location and the physical layout of the building. I stayed there on Saturday, June 12, a warm, humid day. The air conditioning in the room would not go below an indicated 68 degrees, which actually felt a lot warmer in the room than that. After a lot of persistence with the front desk I was told that all the rooms are now restricted to temperatures no lower than 68 degrees and no warmer than 72. It was just too warm for the humid conditions on that June night and pretty uncomfortable.

I will try the nearby Desmond again on my next trip to Albany. If the weather doesn't offer an extreme of hot or cold on the day of your stay, then consider this hotel, but if it's going to be pretty hot or cold, try somewhere else. Just because the HVAC unit says "68" or "72", it doesn't mean the room will be that temperature.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This is an average Marriott with average facilities, staff, price and rooms. The rooms were the best bit. Food was good in the restaurant - breakfast and dinner but I noticed dinner was expensive (convenient and good so not complaining). Hotel has a small pool - very cold and could have been cleaner. Bar staff were great. Front desk staff seemed to be too busy to be helpful. What impressed me most was the fact everyone was spending time looking after a nesting duck outside the front door - good for them! Hotel is close to airport and has great restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2010

If you frequently stay at Marriotts and their peers, you pretty much know what to expect. You know that at their Marriott brand hotels they're still going to charge you for internet access in your room. You know you'll have a comfortable bed and pretty much clean rooms.

A couple of features stood out to me. The halls and area around the elevator bank weren't finished as well as I'm used to seeing. It was fresh, but their painter didn't appear to take much care in using a straight edge.

The lobby/bar/seating area was very nice and relatively lively the days I was there.

Why does a healthclub need to close at 11:00? It's not staffed/monitored anyway, so why do they care when I work out?

The climate control in my room wouldn't cool off sufficiently. The only blanket you get is a down comforter and I set the air as far down as it would go. I know I'm fine at 70-72. It wouldn't get cool enough, and it was cold/damp outside.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business