“Good Thai”
Review of TapAsia

TapAsia
Ranked #65 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Description: Asian tapas restaurant, specializing in Far East Asian cuisine.
Description: Asian tapas restaurant, specializing in Far East Asian cuisine.
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Not great, but very good. Will prepare for any degree of spiciness. Reasonably priced, service very attentive. Not the best I've visited, but authentic and very good.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

This is a small restaurant in the windowed basement of a house on Lark Street (one of the main commercial arteries of Albany).
They have a wide and eclectic selection of dishes, all of which have so far been tasty. Some of the dishes are small (the "tapas"), some are regular-sized. They are all reasonably priced; the small ones can be quite interesting. The service is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

We met friends here for dinner the other night and had a very nice meal. I ordered red curry, my wife got drunken noodles, our friends did a flank steak, spring rolls, chicken wings and we split an order of dumplings as an appetizer. Just a note of caution here, when you order anything spicy, go with mild unless you are seriously into heat or pain. We ordered medium and nearly emptied a pitcher of water. Seriously. The food was all great, nicely presented, well cooked and so on, but hot as hell. Service was nice and the decor was nothing amazing but low key and pleasant. Overall, a nice place with good food and decent prices.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

We happened to walk by TapAsia on our way to a different restaurant on Lark St and it looked so nice we decided to give it a try. I'm so glad we did! They have an excellent selection of dishes and their ingredients are incredibly fresh, especially the vegetables. Best of all was their okonomiyaki, a personal favorite that I haven't managed to find yet anywhere else in Albany. With welcoming friendly staff along with excellent food (and reasonable prices), TapAsia is definitely a new favorite for my family!

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

My vegetarian friend wanted to go to lunch near Washington Park and found us a Vietnamese restaurant that was closed. Tapasia was nearby so we went in. It turned out to be a mix of Thai and Japanese foods. The owner is Thai and prepares the Thai ice tea from scratch as well as mixes and grinds the curry sauces herself. The food was delicious and authentic. I wasn't expecting to find good Thai food in Albany and my friend was very impressed with the vegetarian friendly options. A definite must for anyone visiting Albany. If you live there, please try it out soon!