“Great food, the hot is hot!!”
Review of TapAsia

TapAsia
Ranked #79 of 752 Restaurants in Albany
Description: Asian tapas restaurant, specializing in Far East Asian cuisine.
Description: Asian tapas restaurant, specializing in Far East Asian cuisine.
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were staying nearby, in town for a concert. We were looking for good Thai as we don't have it near home. We found it at TapAsia! My husband loves spicy food, and they didn't disappoint. He ordered the hottest and loved it. Mine was a little too hot for me, so be conservative! The flavor was so good though I kept going! I would go back in a heart beat!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

My wife and I walked past this restaurant , but were intrigued by the concept of Asian tapas, so we went in. We were not disappointed. We decided to eat family style and chose 3 appetizers and a main. The Vietnamese spring rolls were very nicely prepared and artistically presented. Delicious marriage of rice noodles, julienne vegetables and herbs with a delightful sauce. The Takoyaki was something we had never had before. They were little dough balls filled with octopus, pickled ginger and spring onions, with two very nice sauces. Our favorite was the steamed grilled wild mushroom bun. Absolutely delicious. Only regret that we did not order another. The main, Pad Pak consisted of a medley of sautéed vegetables in a brown sauce served with Jasmine rice. Also, very good. Nice atmosphere. Great hostess. She walked us through the menu and helped us select a couple of things we had not had before. We will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Not great, but very good. Will prepare for any degree of spiciness. Reasonably priced, service very attentive. Not the best I've visited, but authentic and very good.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

This is a small restaurant in the windowed basement of a house on Lark Street (one of the main commercial arteries of Albany).
They have a wide and eclectic selection of dishes, all of which have so far been tasty. Some of the dishes are small (the "tapas"), some are regular-sized. They are all reasonably priced; the small ones can be quite interesting. The service is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

We met friends here for dinner the other night and had a very nice meal. I ordered red curry, my wife got drunken noodles, our friends did a flank steak, spring rolls, chicken wings and we split an order of dumplings as an appetizer. Just a note of caution here, when you order anything spicy, go with mild unless you are seriously into heat or pain. We ordered medium and nearly emptied a pitcher of water. Seriously. The food was all great, nicely presented, well cooked and so on, but hot as hell. Service was nice and the decor was nothing amazing but low key and pleasant. Overall, a nice place with good food and decent prices.