Lowest prices for your stay
US$49
Free cancellation until 08/12/22
Expedia.comUS$49
Hotels.comUS$49
Vio.comUS$41
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 January 2020

The pictures on the hotel’s website didn’t really do it justice. It was better than I had expected.

I took the JR Beetle Ferry from Hakata, Japan. There was a bus from the ferry terminal in Busan which stopped right outside the hotel on the BIFF square side of the street. (As a side note, “BIFF” is apparently pronounced “BIPU” in Korean, the bus driver had a hard time understanding where I wanted to go when I told him BIFF square)

The room wasn’t huge, but bigger than the one I had in Tokyo. It was clean and the bed comfortable. Breakfast wasn’t included in my room, so I have no idea how that was. My room was facing the street, but was quite high up in the building, so I never heard any traffic noise, and I say this as someone who is easily disturbed by sound when trying to sleep.

Across the street is BIFF square with a lot of restaurants. Right outside the door is the Jagalchi subway station, and it seems like you can also walk everywhere in the city underground, which was helpful due to the rain that was pouring down in Busan every day I was there. One subway stop away, or about a ten minute walk, is a huge Lotte department store.

I’m not likely to return to Busan, but if I do I would gladly stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank ab8630
Reviewed 31 December 2019

The title says it all. The room was small - actually narrow. So small and crowded that the safe is under one of the beds. However, there was still room (barely) for a couple of chairs and the linens and beds were excellent.

If you are driving, parking is around the back down an alley - so not easy to find from the main street in front of the hotel.

On the positive side the hotel is clean and quiet; in an excellent location close to the food areas across the street around BIFF Square, shopping can be found down the street in the Lotte Gwangbok Mall; the Jigalchi Fish Market is just around the corner (a must see in Busan); and, if you book a room at the back of the hotel, an excellent view over the East Sea and the various bridges crossing the peninsulas can be had. At night the Jigalchi Fish Market and the bridges are lit up making for very pretty view.

The one peculiarity in this hotel was the large window between the bathroom and the bedroom. We have experienced this before in South Africa but were surprised to see it again in S. Korea. I'm not sure what the purpose of this window is - perhaps to let more light into the bathroom. But while off-putting, no real problem given the other pluses of this hotel. Otherwise the bathroom was clean modern with dispensers attached to the wall.

Finally, if you are flying out of Busan the other plus is that the airport bus stops near the front of the hotel.

All in all a good hotel from which to tour Busan.

3  Thank canontnia
Reviewed 9 December 2019

I stayed in this hotel for 7nights. I must say that the location of this hotel is good. The train station is walking distance. The hosuekeeping is really good. Very clean.
The staffs are very friendly too.

2  Thank selva90
Reviewed 26 November 2019 via mobile

Great hotel,nice room,bath,shower.
Opposite to Biff Square and all walking to local & fish market and stations.Would recommend as its very easy if you want to shop and head back to hotel for break..lots of food places in area.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 753ritam
Reviewed 25 November 2019

We booked a week long trip to Busan so decided to book 2 hotels as Busan is a large city. Stanford Inn was the first hotel we booked. We chose this hotel because it was near BIFF Square/Nampo area and Busan Metro Station called Jagalchi. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. The taxi driver didn’t know where exactly the hotel was but he knew the address/street. He drove went up and down the street to find our hotel

First impression of the hotel was not good. There was only one person at the front desk and he was on the phone for 15 mins. In that time, a number of check-in/guests formed a queue behind us to be served

We booked a standard double room with breakfast and we had mixed reactions. The room is small. There was no wardrobe. There is a coat hanger and three hangers near the window. The safe is underneath the bed. We would put our large suitcase by the door to walk around the room. The room is “barely” comfortable for 2 persons. On the plus side, the room is very clean, tidy and modern

Breakfast is not good. We would get about 1 hour before breakfast finishes but a number of times there was no re-fill on the already limited Western and Korean dishes.

The location is very good. Across the road is BIFF Square, which is a pedestrian area with food and shops. The metro station Jagalchi has an underground shopping centre. You can also walk one stop underground to Nampo, which has a large Lotte Department Store, which has even more food and shops!

To get around Busan, get a Tmoney or Cashbee card. This can be used on metro and buses. We would recommend to go to Busan Tower first, so you can see from height Busan. You can see the tower from the hotel! You can see Gamcheon Culture Village from Busan Tower. To get to Gamcheon Culture Village, go one stop to Toseong. Exit 6, turn right along Kkachigogae-ro for about 5 mins. You will see a bus top outside a hospital. Take bus #1-1, 2 or 2-2. Also we recommend Beomeosa Temple. Go to Beomeosa (23 stops (!) but you do not have to change metro), exit 5 or 7, walk up Cheongnyongyejeon-ro for about 5 mins and you see a sheltered bus stop. Take bus 90 to the temple

The hotel is in a great location but wished a smoother check-in, bigger room and better breakfast. We would happily stay in Nampo area again but in a different hotel

Date of stay: December 2018