“Very nice hotel and excellent value for money”

ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre
Ranked #9 of 156 Hotels in Busan
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Excellent location....metro just in front of the hotel....very clean and spacious room ....good value for money... Excels and professional staff....English speaking staff.It is also only 1 stop away (subway) from plenty off restaurants and a very interesting market which is just next to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Everything was great except the location of the reception desk. The rooms of the hotel are located from 3rd floor to 18th floor. It means there are so many rooms. But there are only two elevators so many people who must have been a guest of the hotel had to wait for a long time to take one of the two elevators in order to check in and out at the reception desk on the 20th floor. I failed many times to take an elevator for check-out because every time whenever I tried to take it, two elevators were full of many people. Still I cannot understand why they made the reception desk on the top of the building? Even only one staff handled all the guests at noon -- over 50 people who want to check in and out.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Reviewed 28 September 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Arrival was not great, as a Gold Accor member I received the cheapest room, on the lowest floor with the worst view in the hotel.

After speaking to reception I was moved by a very kind and efficient member of staff, but ended up in the only other room they said they could offer, except for an older family room on the side of the main street (very noisy): the room they offered me was a disabled room.
The bathroom in these rooms is of course different so after every shower, the whole bathroom was wet everywhere amd there was no where to put toiletries, so, the whole experience was a bit awkward.

My main gripe with the hotel is that there is no direct access from the subway station, the only exit you can take if you have a suitcase (i.e. a case that you can't lift and put on your back like a rucksack), you'll struggle to get to the hotel because the exit is between massive roads that cannot be crossed. You have to tempt fait and cross anayway. Sounds simple, but I can tell you it wasn't. I ended up lifting my big case up and down the stairs in 30 degree heat a number of times to get across. It was not plesant.

Breakfast will stop you from going hungry but it is not something to look forward to. I am used to staying in 5 star hotels so perhaps my standards are too high, but I found breakfast rather unappealing with fairly cheap choices of items and generally very budget. To be fair, this is in line with the hotel, which is a budget hotel so I guess no improvements can be expected.

I would not recommend not to stay here, but equally do not go with high expectations. Standard rooms are very small, as per pictures and the area is ok, with a local market just behind the hotel.

This is not a touristy area, so do not expect tourist amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, the main road is ultra noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
ibis_Busan, 제너럴 매니저 at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed at ibis Ambassador Busan City Centre for 3 nights last August. Check-in is at 17th floor but they have a staff on the ground floor should you need information about hotel amenities and how to go around the city. The hotel serves buffet breakfast with local and international cuisine with ample choices. We stayed at the 10th floor and there's a free ice dispenser machine.

The room is spacious enough so you can comfortably walk around your room even if you have a big luggage. The only downside we noticed on our second night was that the AC kept turning off. Free wifi was also provided, but there are times when the wifi signal is weak.

There's a GS25 convenience store at the ground floor (back exit) where we bought snacks and dinner. Outside the hotel, you'll find Bujeon market where you can buy fresh fruits, vegetables, etc. It's also very near to Bujeon subway station and a 10-minute walk to Seomyeon area via the underground shopping mall. We also went to Lotte Department Store on foot from hotel. You can also opt to hail taxis which are frequent in Bujeon market.

Room Tip: It's pretty quiet during our stay on the 10th floor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family