“Red Bean Paste Bread”
Review of Hwangnam Bread

Hwangnam Bread
Ranked #1 of 5 Bakeries in Gyeongju
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We pass-by a big shop with many staff making the red bean bread. At first, we have hesitation to buy because the minimum quantity per box is 20 pieces. As we were very hungry after a full day visit, so we bought a box and taste it immediately. It was very good taste, all red bean paste but not very sweet. We are glad we had bought one and will definitely recommend this shop to others.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Loved the bread. You have to buy it fresh at the big shop on the main road which has a large kitchen at the back and the sale counter at the front.
We had it still hot and it was great.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

Had a local take us to Hwangnam bread for a pre-lunch snack. They make a single product. It is similar to a kolach with a red bean filling. I am not a red bean fan but most of the rest of the group really liked them. They were fresh baked, still hot and needing to cool a little.

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I visit this shop after sightseeing for the old town and culture in Gyeongju. This is a large building and have a lot of staff. Inside is clean. The test of bread is yummy. Not too sweet for me.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

At first I thought it will taste like the usual bread with red bean paste filling, but a bite of Gyeongju bread had totally changed my thought. The red bean paste is not too sweet and its' taste somehow quite different than my expectation of the usual one. I am not sure either I was really hungry or the bread really taste that great.