“Great Indian food for a fair price! ”
Review of Indian Hut

Indian Hut
Ranked #36 of 164 Restaurants in Galle
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

After traveling in Sri Lanka for a week we really missed the Indian food. We were happy to find Indian hut when we stayed in Unawatuna. You can take the tuk tuk or the local bus, from the Galle main station its just a 10 minute stroll to the Galle Dutch fort where they have a franchise. It comes across as a typical Indian restaurant, service is a bit on the low end but they make it up with the food. The curries are really tasty, naans are great too! We ended up ordering 2 curries and a naan each (2 persons) with some drinks and ended up with a 10 euro bill.

The location is really nice and if you come in at the right time you can get a table at the balcony which has a nice view to the ocean. We came back here twice and currently staying in Hikkaduwa contemplating if it's worth the 45 minute bus ride. Perhaps! :-)

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I ate here my first night in Galley on the recommendation of my hotel manager and loved it. It's right across the street from the fort wall and since the restaurant is upstairs you have views out over the wall to the oceans, such a great location. The décor is minimal but you're really there for the food and view. The food was great. I had chicken tikka masala, garlic nana, a plate of rice and a 1.5 liter of water for under 1,000 rupee - incredible deal. I left completely stuffed. I recommend getting there early as it seems to fill up quickly (though I was there on New Years Eve). Not only do I recommend this place, I'm going back for dinner again tonight and can't wait.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We had a curry at Indian Hut in Galle Fort on New Year's Eve. It was tasty, great value and it's an excellent location to watch the local action. We had been told nothing would be happening at Galle for New Year, but that wasn't true. We sat on the balcony at Indian Hut watching the passing parade of locals walking the fort walls overlooking the Indian Ocean as the sun set. Fantastic. Then we walked along the walls and found music, beer, fireworks and dancing at the Dutch Hospital.
Indian Hut was a great start to the evening. It was full of locals, the service was smiling and efficient and we didn't need to book, though they were doing a brisk trade til late. Recommended.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We went to indian hit for a dinner .it was crowded. Waiter told us in advance that there will be wait time of 30 mins after we order food.

Food was tasty and quantity served was more too. For 5 adults and 2 kids we ended up paying 2400 LKR , where food included rice roti chicken dal and one vegetable curry.
We went again the next day.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I love Indian food and I live in Asia ( for 13 years)and being allergic to fish means other than Indian food I struggle ( fish sauce) - so I eat a lot -and this was one of the best and good value - big portions and a great choice. The service can be a little slow but it is always bursting at the seams- also sit under fan as can get a little warm if not.