“Great ice cream in a thb”
Review of Dairy King Cafe

Dairy King Cafe
Ranked #3 of 9 Dessert in Galle
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Description: Fresh Homemade Ice cream with natural ingredients 18 varaties of ice creams from sweetest to fruits like Passionfruit Mango Coconut Lime and spices like Cinnamon Ginger Mint and cold shakes Coffee Mint White chocolate Oreo fruites and Lassies Faludha and All hot beaver ages from Espresso to Capuchino Latte Ice lemon Tea speicialy homemade Chocolate Brownie and many more day's special choice can be tryied
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

There are plenty of different flavours of ice cream to choose from. All homemade and delicious. Only disappointment was you cannot get the ice cream in a cone.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Having read about this place in a travel book, we decided to check it out. Tons of local, fruity flavours to chose from apart from the usual chocolate, coffee and mint chocolate chip. The lovely lady who hand makes the ice-cream served us and helped us pick the flavours. Priced at Rs. 250 per ice-cream its a steal! I recommend the chocolate.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Having read about this little gem of an ice-cream parlour in a guide book, it was on my "must do" list of Galle and what a "must" it was....I came back 3 times....WITHIN 2 HOURS!!!!
The friendliest, nicest, most charming man was serving us when his lovely wife popped out from the back of the shop to say hello and he explained that she hand-makes all the ice-creams...I was very undecided about which flavours to choose, when he said "You choose, but I decide" and my goodness, was he right! There were so many individual flavours, but what I did not know was that there were "secret" combinations of most of them, of 2 or 3 flavours in a pot. I tried Passion fruit and Mango, went sightseeing a bit more, then came back to try coffee flavour. I got sidetracked by the sound of SPICE ice cream (a combination of ginger, cinammon, cardamom and coffee) and it was nice, but I still wanted to try the plain coffee flavour and I just had to have it.
That is why I came back 3 times in 2 hours....I just could not let go! It was worth it and calories were the last thing on my mind...no regrets!
I am thrilled to recommend the Dairy King to the world...I know I will never forget the flavours, nor the friendliness and charm of the family who make them. All I wish for is that they were a bit closer to home...not an 11 hour flight away....I would most certainly be a regular visitor.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Interesting flavours crafted into beautiful homemade Ice cream. Great to eat on a hot day in the Galle fort. It’s 5 stars from me!

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Popped in and had ice cream to take away, I had passion fruit and my wife had pineapple.

The portions were good at 250 rupee each. Although the passion fruit was full of flavour I found it quite icy. My wife’s pineapple was lovely and creamy with big chunks of fruit in.

Spoke to an Aussie family in there who had coffee, mint choc chip among other flavours. They said that all these were excellent.

Nice family serving out of their home and would recommend this option.