“Very good food and drinks!”

Sugar Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #25 of 184 Restaurants in Galle
Description: Sugar Bistro is a lively and exciting restaurant and bar from the team behind 41 Sugar and Silk. It's home to a relaxed dining experience and underpinned by great service and a menu that includes hearty dishes from around the globe including the infamous Sugar burger.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My other half and I ducked in here as a respite from the heat in Galle. It’s a cool airy space with lots of yummy things on the menu. We had an Ollie hot dog and the beetroot cream cheese starter with the hummus and pitta bread. To drink we had a mojoto, a silver leaf tea and a lime juice.
All the food was very good as was the drinks and the service.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

My mum and I decided to treat ourselves as we walked between the hospital and the maritime museum and we were not disappointed! We had the chicken, bacon and leek pie and it was delicious and reasonably priced for a tourist area. The brunch menu also sounded delicious. It has a lovely outdoor seating area and a nice ambience with good music. The indoor decor is slick. The cocktail menu was well balanced also

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We stopped here for a short while & enjoyed a beer & pot of tea, resting from our walk (& the humid heat) along the old fort ramparts. The inside area is cool but we chose to sit outside in the courtyard which was shady with a slight breeze. The cafe's Wifi is just abut gettable from there. Anyway, this was a welcome break in our day, service was good, the beer beautifully chilled & the tea hot! The loos across the courtyard were very clean & classy

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Great place to have a beer before dinner and then continue with and excellent meal. Wonderful staff, particularly Reshan who guided us through the menu and gave perfect suggestions.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Best espresso so far in Sri Lanka (it's my fourth visit to the country) I can't comment on the barrista's skills with milk as I take my coffee unadulterated as well as seriously, but the double shot was delicious and interesting, comparable to a really good cafe in NZ or the best I can make at home with our La Pavoni.

Kshanika A, Guest Relations Manager at Sugar Bistro and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hi there,

many thanks for your review - we use only the best locally grown beans! Hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,