St. Lachlan Hotel and Suites
Pledge 3(Negombo)
US$124
US$59
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

US$90
US$99
Cancelon
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Hotel J(Negombo)
US$252
US$182
Cancelon
Hotels.com
All reviewssri lankaone nightthe main roadsmall hotellast nightsitting areabars and restaurantsrooms are largequiet locationmini barswimming poolshort staynegombo citygreat place to staylovely pooltea and coffeenight stay
Reviewed 27 December 2016

We stayed one night only at St Lachlan Hotel, prior to flying out of Sri Lanka. The hotel staff were very welcoming, our room very comfortable and the food excellent.
The hotel is very well placed for the airport, and if we go back to Sri Lanka we would certainly start our tour there.
The only downside was mosquitoes.

Room Tip: Very accessible to the beach
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bwilson375
Arunothyan S, Front Office Manager at St. Lachlan Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Dear bwilson375,
Thank you for such a lovely review of St.Lachlan Hotel Negombo. I am delighted to hear that your experience was flawless right from the start of your journey. We appreciate your kind and positive feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back again for another memorable stay.
Warmest regards,
Arunothayan

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

The room was large and clean bed was really comfortable.the pool was fantastic a nice secured area to relax tucked away from the hustle and bustle of negombo.the staff were really really lovely which was great and we thank them.for the lovely cake for my wife birthday.also close to the shops and beach as well.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Nissan K
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I booked a suite for 3 nights in this hotel, but when I checked in I was aghast by the condition of the hotel and the suite. The hotel is run down and very old. Rooms were big but very old with musky smell and very unclean. Bathroom shower was not functioning well and the towels were old and worn out and so were the bath mats. Rooms are right close to the main road and very noisy. I could not stay and checked out of the hotel in the afternoon. The hotel was kind enough to charge me for only one night.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Priyantha M, Manager at St. Lachlan Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2016

Dear Guest Mr. Prem,

To respond to your comment in TripAdvisor, we would like to post the following comment from our end for others to understand the situation. You have booked our hotel through booking.com and checked in early morning on 30th up to 2nd Dec under the name, Prem Chabrin.
At the check-in, you have kept the reception informed that you are tired from traveling and you will pay later. Our reception staff was pleased to allow you to check-in to your room as you promised that you were going to stay 3 nights with us and pay later. After some time, you have kept the reception informed that your room is noisy due to the church ceremony and it was not about the cleanliness or other defects of the room. Our reception has offered you a room change immediately and you have said that you need to go outside for a while and come back.

After some time, you have returned to your room and had informed that you need to check-out due to an emergency and return to your country India. At the departure, you were trying to leave without paying but after a discussion, we were able to reduce the charges down to one night's payment even though you were liable to pay for 3 nights.

I am wondering even after this concession for 2 nights, you have left a bad comment about st. Lachlan among other excellent comments of many decent clients.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

This was my second timein st Lachlan for dinner.
Both times the service we got was good and the host was Mr Gihan who was always serving with a smile and a delight.
First time although my steak had some missing components the presentation made up for it and food was alrite.
Second was a horrible experience. Me and my brother after surviving just off biscuits all day we decided to go out to st Lachlan for dinner.
Ordered a bunch of food. I ordered my steak medium rare and it was very well done.
It had a very weird marmite smelling and tasting sauce which is a horrible taste and a smell to go with a steak. The rest of the wpfood was passable.
The horrible part was me and brother both got bad stomach from the food and suffered the whole next day. Im not sure which dish gave us this, but it sure wasnt the biscuits we had during the day.Such establishments with so many foreign tourists should take necessary steps to avoid cases of food poisoning. No one wants to pay to get a stomach ache and thats exactly what we got. I would not blame if this happened to me at a ''thosa kade'',,,,, but a reputed place like this???? St Lachlan oh no thanks never again ....

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

We have to come here cause other hotel we want it was full I do not like it here at all very small hotel in the village small pool no garden no beach area :( totally my heart broken they give a suit but I did not like it so we stay in DlX room I could not get the room with full facility that I want :( we have no choice we super tired traveling from Kandy to nigombo and it was very late to go around look for new hotel however bar staff was nice and helpful food was ok

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Arunothyan S, Front Office Manager at St. Lachlan Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2016

Dear Yata_Gift

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the hotel.

I am sincerely sorry to hear that your visit left you feeling disappointed, and that these circumstances interfered with your enjoyment of your time with us.

At the same time i would like to point out that the your actual booking was in a 5 Star Hotel on the beach because of unavailability in there you came to us we are a Boutique Hotel 100M away from the beach and before you check in we showed you our property and all the rooms and gave you choices to pick us only if you are satisfied and after you said you would like to stay we accommodated you. all our rooms are well equipped up to standards.In your case you are comparing us with the 5 Star hotel with us which is unacceptable and it clearly shows your previous impression with your booked hotel has caused a disappointment on you and you have showed that impact on us by offering a average review.

I realize that this past encounter may have deterred you from wanting to visit us again; however I very much hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to restore some of your faith in our hotel and service.

Aunothayan