US$15
US$455
Kiboko Lodge(Arusha)
US$173
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed herenelson mandelahot waterdinner buffetfree wifinice balconyswimming poolair conditioningfirst nightaway from the hustle and bustlea la carte menureception areatour companykilimanjaro climbrooms are largewelcome drinkmosquito net
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The entrance from the road to this lodge is not impressive and we were a bit disappointed, but once we were in, we realized it's not as bad as it looked. Friendly staff, good food, and nicely kept grounds. The rooms came with a balcony/terrace. Mosquito nets and turndown service included. Bathroom is small but had hot water showers. Please remember to tip. In Tanzania, most bell boys are also the house keeping staff & servers. The concierge and the receptionist are the same. We tipped the staff we met and put extra money in the tip box at the reception for the cooks and staff we didn't meet. It is customary in Tanzania to do so. Their economy depends on tourists. Therefore be generous. They always did their best to make us comfortable and attend to our needs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Planet Lodge in Arusha is a great place to have as a base before going on a safari in the Serengeti and nearby areas. It was arranged for me by Kilidove (the tour company I had the safari with). The place is a little bit off the main road and a few kilometers from the center, but it works for me as the location is perfect if you really want to just relax, away from the hustle and bustle of the town.

The room is huge and the bed is comfortable and big, has a mosquito net, and strong AC. There is hot water, clean pool area and very good atmosphere over all specially in the gardens.

The staff was super attentive and i really felt well taken cared of when i was there before and after my trip. The staff at the restaurant, specially Juma, and the hotel manager were extremely friendly and we just had nice conversations all the time. After the safari, I even requested Juma to have the kitchen prepare fried chicken for me as I have been craving for it for several days. And then I had buffet at the same time, because the dinner buffet is excellent!

I love this place and I really wish i can come back one day. Thank you Arusha Planet Lodge for taking good care of me.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Nice medium priced hotel with lots of amenties and excellent service. Good food, relaxing atmosphere and the best massages. Clean accommodations and convenient location. Two minor cons - need better breakfast coffee (manager to work on that) and church group singing that can be heard by nearby rooms....we had two very quiet ones. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This was a great place to use before, in between and after our major adventures. The staff was first rate, kind and attentive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Arusha. The cottages were comfortable and showers perfect. He meals were delicious and plentiful. The pool and garden area were very comfortable to rest in between our transition to and from the airport and our destinations.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Great place recommended our tour company Good Earth. It offers a very relaxing space to spend a couple of days. The staff is extremely friendly and welcoming. They go above and beyond to make sure that you are comfortable and happy. The facilities are not fancy but have a very homely feel. We enjoyed a great breakfast and diner with lots of choices for the finicky eater.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple