Arusha Planet Lodge
US$455
US$541
Jumia Travel
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstayed herenelson mandelahot waterfree wifiswimming poolnice gardenair conditioningdinner buffetaway from the hustle and bustlea la carte menufirst nightreception areakilimanjaro climbrooms are largewelcome drinkmosquito nettour company
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Great place for our group with great friendly service. Tha rooms were very clean and the food was delicious and very abundant. Pool was nice for afternoons. The servers were very helpful and very friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
PlanetLodges, Director of Sales at Arusha Planet Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

We truly enjoy having you all here.
We hope to see you again in the years to follow.
Karibuni sana!
Eva for Arusha Planet Lodge Team

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This hotel is small but wonderful with little separate bungalows instead of a traditional hotel room. The staff is so kind and welcoming. We ate all our meals here and were pleasantly surprised by the quality and variety. One night there was a buffet (with a set price) with all you could eat meat, sides and dessert. It was very good and they really did not skimp on the meat. You could get as much chicken, beef, pork etc as you wanted. I got a massage and it was really top-notch. Not expensive at all and I only paid for an hour but the masseuse went well into 1hr 20/25 min.

They come and do turndown service once a night and position all your mosquito nets for you. We didn't get one bite! and I usually get tons! We stayed here at the beginning and end of our kilimanjaro trek and although it isn't super luxurious, it was just what we needed. Highly highly recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms are detached bungalows, very nice and private
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear halle20162016,
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent stay with us. You are right, we are getting great feedback on massages and I am glad to know you enjoyed yours too. We appreciate your kind words.
Asante sana rafiki!
Eva for Arusha Planet Lodge

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Arusha is a city of three-quarters of a million people, a center for government and NGO offices in a peaceful East African democracy. It's a busy place, daunting to get around. Planet Lodge with its walled garden, freestanding rooms and open dining room is an oasis of calm in the city. A beautifully-designed, meticulously kept entry area opens to a gracious setting for the excellent buffet that is served nightly. Just outside, a covered deck overlooks the garden. In this deck our group sat together sharing Safari beer and memories of our Kilimanjaro climb and Serengeti safari.
Planet Lodge staff was unfailingly warm. They stretched to make our visit easy: stored luggage for a dozen people, prepared takeaway lunches, found lost objects. A neat little gift shop in the lobby offered locally-crafted jewelry, baskets and accessories.
In the room, comfortable beds beneath mosquito netting, and a clean bathroom. In the garden, an outdoor pool lined with stone whose water was clean and fresh, and where you could relax with a book listening to birdcalls from palm trees.

Room Tip: Two rooms I stayed in were identical.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The entrance from the road to this lodge is not impressive and we were a bit disappointed, but once we were in, we realized it's not as bad as it looked. Friendly staff, good food, and nicely kept grounds. The rooms came with a balcony/terrace. Mosquito nets and turndown service included. Bathroom is small but had hot water showers. Please remember to tip. In Tanzania, most bell boys are also the house keeping staff & servers. The concierge and the receptionist are the same. We tipped the staff we met and put extra money in the tip box at the reception for the cooks and staff we didn't meet. It is customary in Tanzania to do so. Their economy depends on tourists. Therefore be generous. They always did their best to make us comfortable and attend to our needs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Planet Lodge in Arusha is a great place to have as a base before going on a safari in the Serengeti and nearby areas. It was arranged for me by Kilidove (the tour company I had the safari with). The place is a little bit off the main road and a few kilometers from the center, but it works for me as the location is perfect if you really want to just relax, away from the hustle and bustle of the town.

The room is huge and the bed is comfortable and big, has a mosquito net, and strong AC. There is hot water, clean pool area and very good atmosphere over all specially in the gardens.

The staff was super attentive and i really felt well taken cared of when i was there before and after my trip. The staff at the restaurant, specially Juma, and the hotel manager were extremely friendly and we just had nice conversations all the time. After the safari, I even requested Juma to have the kitchen prepare fried chicken for me as I have been craving for it for several days. And then I had buffet at the same time, because the dinner buffet is excellent!

I love this place and I really wish i can come back one day. Thank you Arusha Planet Lodge for taking good care of me.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo